Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Free Agents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
So the amazing Giants won the world series and the off season begins. What are your thoughts on the off season and what moves/signs do you think will be done?

Jan 15, 2009
Adam Dunn to the Giants to play 1B and Burrell and Renteria will retire. Somehow trade for Rollins using some mid-end prospects.

Their line-up:
CF Torres
SS Rollins
C Posey
1B Dunn
LF Huff
RF Ross
2B Sanchez
3B Sandoval
P

or

CF Torres
SS Rollins
2B Sanchez
C Posey
1B Dunn
LF Huff
RF Ross
3B Sandoval
P

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Adam Dunn to the Giants to play 1B and Burrell and Renteria will retire. Somehow trade for Rollins using some mid-end prospects.

Their line-up:
CF Torres
SS Rollins
C Posey
1B Dunn
LF Huff
RF Ross
2B Sanchez
3B Sandoval
P

or

CF Torres
SS Rollins
2B Sanchez
C Posey
1B Dunn
LF Huff
RF Ross
3B Sandoval
P

LOL!

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California

Their line-up:
CF Torres
SS Rollins
C Posey
1B Dunn
LF Huff
RF Ross
2B Sanchez
3B Sandoval
P

or

CF Torres
SS Rollins
2B Sanchez
C Posey
1B Dunn
LF Huff
RF Ross
3B Sandoval
P

Doubt that. Wasn't it Adam Dunn who said he would never play for the Giants because of AT&T park, and how it isn't a hitters friendly park. Obviously the World Series may change his mind, but I doubt the Giants get Dunn.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
The Giants don't have the money to sign anyone, thanks to Zito and Rowand. They need to resign Huff and Uribe plus Affeldt and another reliever aren't signed as well. Plus guys like Sanchez are due for arbitration and since the Giants won the Series they will all get paid. No money, no big bats.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
darocker80 said:
Fielder maybe to the Giants?

Do you want to keep Matt Cain? I think the postseason showed that the Giants should rather have a front line starter, than a front line 1B.

Jan 15, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
The Giants don't have the money to sign anyone, thanks to Zito and Rowand. They need to resign Huff and Uribe plus Affeldt and another reliever aren't signed as well. Plus guys like Sanchez are due for arbitration and since the Giants won the Series they will all get paid. No money, no big bats.
The payroll is estimated to go up to $110 million or in that area. We could sign Dunn if Sabean lobbies hard enough. Also, if we don't get Rollins we can put Uribe there and if we do Uribe could play 3rd if Pablo's slump wasn't just a sophomore slump.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ronfromfresno said:
The payroll is estimated to go up to $110 million or in that area. We could sign Dunn if Sabean lobbies hard enough. Also, if we don't get Rollins we can put Uribe there and if we do Uribe could play 3rd if Pablo's slump wasn't just a sophomore slump.

Wait I thought Pablo Sandoval was better than Miguel Cabrera

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
The Giants don't need to bring in any free agents. A full season from Posey and Bumgarner. :D
Maybe a healthy Mark DeRosa too? If the Giants can retain Huff, Ross, Uribe and possibly Burrell we're all good.

Who care's about 2011 right now anyways?

2010 World Series Champions baby!

willylincycainersnip.jpg

marterburn

Prince isn't going to the Giants. I'd love to see the Brewers get something tangible for him, but the Giants obviously aren't going to pay the price they ask.

Would Dunn be interested in playing for the Giants with his left-handed power bat and a 420 ft power alley? I think they'll probably go after a lower tier guy to plug in at 1B and spend more elsewhere.

Jan 15, 2009
I was thinking about this.

Panda can regain his 2009 form if he gets going early and maintains his weight. We can have Belt at 1st if he is ready.
We could do something like this:
Sign Konerko:
CF Andres Torres (500 K)
2B Freddy Sanchez (6 Million)
C Buster Posey (500 K)
1B Paul Konerko (9 Million)
LF Aubrey Huff (6 Million)
RF Cody Ross (5.5 Million)
3B Pablo Sandoval (500 K)
SS Juan Uribe (4 Million)

IN Travis Ishikawa (500 K)
OF Nate Schierholtz (500 K)
OF Aaron Rowand (12 Million)
U Mark DeRosa (6 Million)
C Eli Whiteside (500 K)

SP Tim Lincecum (13 Million)
SP Matt Cain (7 Million)
SP Barry Zito (18.5 Million)
SP Jonathan Sanchez (3 Million)
SP Madison Bumgarner (500 K)
RP/SP Dan Runzler (500 K, I think) - would replace Zito if needed

CL Brian Wilson (6.5 Million)
SU Sergio Romo (500 K)
RP Javier Lopez (1.25 Million)
RP Ramon Ramierez (1 Million)
RP Santiago Casilla (500 K)
RP Jeremey Affeldt (4.5 Million)

Total Payroll: 108.25 + salaries of other players not on the active-25.

Don't sign any big names:
CF Andres Torres (500 K)
2B Freddy Sanchez (6 Million)
C Buster Posey (500 K)
LF Aubrey Huff (6 Million)
RF Cody Ross (5.5 Million)
1B Brandon Belt (500 K)
3B Pablo Sandoval (500 K)
SS Juan Uribe (4 Million)

IN Travis Ishikawa (500 K)
OF Nate Schierholtz (500 K)
OF Aaron Rowand (12 Million)
U Mark DeRosa (6 Million)
C Eli Whiteside (500 K)

SP Tim Lincecum (13 Million)
SP Matt Cain (7 Million)
SP Barry Zito (18.5 Million)
SP Jonathan Sanchez (3 Million)
SP Madison Bumgarner (500 K)
RP/SP Dan Runzler (500 K, I think) - would replace Zito if needed

CL Brian Wilson (6.5 Million)
SU Sergio Romo (500 K)
RP Javier Lopez (1.25 Million)
RP Ramon Ramierez (1 Million)
RP Santiago Casilla (500 K)
RP Jeremey Affeldt (4.5 Million)

Total Payroll: 99.75 + salaries of other players not on the active-25. Would still have enough money to get someone else.

DetroitTigers

Aug 19, 2008
Canada
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ronfromfresno said:

Wait I thought Pablo Sandoval was better than Miguel Cabrera

I remember that thread, so funny.

Latest posts