Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the point of buying an ALCS/NLCS champs shirt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Or an AFC/NFC champs shirt

If your team wins the title, it becomes obsolete. If your team loses the title, it becomes obsolete...and a bit laughable.

I've never understood this

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
JoshHamilton said:

If your team wins the title, it becomes obsolete. If your team loses the title, it becomes obsolete...and a bit laughable.

Put it this way.

If you were a die-hard Cubbies fan, wouldn't you want it as a momento?

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Not ALCS, but I bought a 09 Yankees AL East Division Champions Shirt because I was at the game where they clinched and I thought that it was cool.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
JoshHamilton said:

Put it this way.

Did they have screen-printed t-shirts in 1945?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
JoshHamilton said:

Put it this way.

No

If I were a Cubs fan, I would have been a suicide victim already

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
1. Some people are fans. Not jackholes.

2. Your mom likes the way I look in one.

3. Winning the ALCS/NLCS is kinda a big deal.
[youtube:3lqxjfw5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrI7dVj90zs[/youtube:3lqxjfw5]

4. You might not get the chance to buy a World Series Champion T-Shirt.

5. Many more reasons that are just as dumb as 1-4 could be written.

Why not buy one?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If your team wins the Division, then the League Championship Series, then the World Series, if you buy a shirt or a hat from each of those, you have the rainbow of shirts or hats. :eek:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Musial Collector said:
If your team wins the Division, then the League Championship Series, then the World Series, if you buy a shirt or a hat from each of those, you have the rainbow of shirts or hats. :eek:

The World Series hats should look like Superfractors!

Wait, I don't want rappers to get any fashion ideas

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
A lot of people here in Wisconsin still walk around wearing their '2008 N.L. Wild Card Brewers' hats and shirts!

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I refused to get any Braves Wild Card gear for similar reasons, as I don't think it's something to really celebrate in the long haul. However, I feel much different about Division and League championship gear, just because they are pretty big accomplishments.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I'd think about it once they were like 50% off......but I think I agree with you.
I don't think I have any Red Sox ALCS or Wild Card, whatever memorabilia.

I think it's an in the moment type thing.
The elation of winning - they get people to get in and buy stuff that day or two after.......
If there's a break (or in football a couple weeks) I think it helps move the stuff. People are happy - want to buy the stuff and feel like winners for the week or whatever. I was working at Sports Authority here in Chicago during the Bears run and baseball playoffs and that seemed to be the case. Tons of people would come in immediately after the game or the next morning.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
JoshHamilton said:

I think it is all about the money. People will buy that stuff.

Especially Cubs/Lions/Timberwolves fans.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I do not own a single shirt or hat with any sports team logo on it. Have jerseys from two teams and nothing else, They're also from when I was a teenager. I never seen the point of division championship items except for the team too wear after winning it and never again after the next series. I seen someone wearing a phillies 08 NLCS shirt the other day and laughed.

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
I bought a Rangers ALCS shirt today that was half off. My favorite team won the ALCS for the first time and then lost the World Series. I think it's a cool shirt to have; farthest the Rangers have ever been an highest series they've ever won.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
My favorite T shirt I own is the 2008 NLCS Phillies Dodgers long sleeve.

I love it and I went to the games and had a great time.

Best t shirt I have and it's due to the great memories I had.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
jlyles said:
I bought a Rangers ALCS shirt today that was half off. My favorite team won the ALCS for the first time and then lost the World Series. I think it's a cool shirt to have; farthest the Rangers have ever been an highest series they've ever won.

Good for you, that's a great shirt to have and wear it proudly

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
While I'm not going to put anyone down, I don't see the appeal of non championship shirts. Winning a division or a series isn't a big deal if you lose it all.

I have a plethora of swag from the 2008 World Series, but purchased NOTHING from 2009 or the 2010 playoff run. Similarly, I have nothing from the Eagles-Pats Super Bowl that I attended in Jacksonville 6 years ago (other than the ticket). We didn't win. I don't want to commemmorate another team's victory. And to me, an NLCS shirt or Divison CHamp shirt commemmorates that my team lost to someone else.

So. . . peh.

Members online

Latest posts