Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congratz bungle77 you officially win

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks to all of the members who have made making 300 users on at once possible.

You are only eligible to enter once. You may post in this thread as often as you wish, but only one submission will be eligible. Since I am way to lazy to figure out whom posted and how many times, I am going to use some technology to help me out. I am going to select distinct users who have posted in the thread, random the order and pick the top 1.

The code (tables and column names have been changed)
SELECT person FROM persons WHERE id in (
SELECT distinct id FROM posts WHERE thread = “thecardnumber”)
order by rand() Limit 1

This probably makes little sense to most, but you coders should be able to figure out how it works.

This will keep people from cheating and give everyone an equal chance.

If it happens to return my own name, I will run it again.

The 2nd rule. The winner will be posted in the topic and sent a PM. That user has 7 days to respond back with a mailing address. If you win and do not respond within 7 days, you will lose your eligibility and a new winner will be picked.

I am doing this because on the number of entries from users who have less than 10 posts. Now that said weather you have 1 post or 10,000, you all have equal chances to win. I want to make sure the cards go to someone and I do not have to spend 2 years trying to track down the winner. Just pray that when I pick the winner that the SQL engine gods like you. ;)

Once again, contest ends Sunday whenever I get around to picking someone.

Now Gilmore let out the secret that a decent multi colored patch card would be part of the contest. I am planning on posting the card between 6:00pm and 10:00pm CST on Saturday. So if you want to improve your Pujols collection even more than what you get in the contest I would suggest that you all mark your calendars and stay on the site between those hours and try to break the 400 mark for the added $200 ebay gift certificate. This should help add either 1 really nice Pujols game used or a bunch of common Pujols game used cards.

scan0030.jpg
scan0029.jpg
scan0028.jpg
scan0027.jpg
scan0025.jpg
scan0019-1.jpg
scan0020.jpg
scan0021.jpg
scan0024.jpg

more to come.

To enter post. If you can make the mark 400 by the end of the contest I will throw in a $200 ebay gift certificate.

contest end sunday when I decide so

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Re: Thanks to all of you. 300 is a huge milestone

Glad i saw this before i went to bed. I am so sick. :| Im trying to get my ebay auctions shipped.

Thanks for the contest and congrats to the FCB for 300 + members on at once.

If i wasnt sick i would go get on my wifes computer so it would count as another person. ;)

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

a few more maybe????

scan0020.jpg

more to come

G

Thanks for making this happen everyone, can't believe what this site has turned into.

I owe a huge thank you to Chris for helping me move the site here so that we can hold 300 at a time. :lol:

Mike

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008

MyPens66 said:
Thanks for making this happen everyone, can't believe what this site has turned into.

I owe a huge thank you to Chris for helping me move the site here so that we can hold 300 at a time. :lol:

Mike

Good work! Hopefully you've got a solid hosting plan that can handle the DB usage :)

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas

Sweet count me in i need some of those for my PC and thanks for the contest
!!!!! good luck all also if winner wants to trade any PLEASE LMK :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

theplasticman said:
MyPens66 said:

Mike

Good work! Hopefully you've got a solid hosting plan that can handle the DB usage :)

I hope. for the amount of money it cost to host this site, it better survive 400.

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois

Every member of FCB should be proud. And great work by the administrators and moderators for keeping this site running so smoothly.
Thanks for the contest!

-Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts