Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Card(s) You've Ever Pulled from Retail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
Just curious if anyone has had any amazing pulls from retail packs/blasters.

I've only been in the hobby since June, so I haven't really had that many great pulls... I pulled a /25 Zack Greinke Bazooka back from A&G and a Cal Ripken Jr. GU Bat Relic card from T206.

What are some of your retail pulls worth mentioning?

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Ive pulled three biggies from retail, 06 Ginter Johan Santana auto and 07 Heritage Real One auto of Ryan Howard and a 2002 UD World Series Sandy Koufax jersey with a bad corner :(

scan0003.jpg

scan1001.jpg

scan0113.jpg

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Back in 06 when Alex Gordon and Cameron Maybin were hot, I pulled two autos of Gordon from heritage and bowman blaster. Same year a Kenji Johima A&G auto and listed it .99 and let it ride, turned out to be a shirt print and sold for 325ish. As for Maybin, I pulled two heritage autos from one pack of him.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
These two are my biggest retail pulls that I still own. I did pull a 2005 Topps Chrome Traded Black Refractor auto of Andrew McCutchen, but I sold it at the 2008 National after his call up.

img049.jpg

img081.jpg

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
I'd suggest hobby if you have a card shop around you. I've seen some crazy hits in retail but for the big stuff it's crazy odds too. Just my .02.

edited: Just look at the above! Nice hits every one! I certainly don't see those kind of hits when I do retail.... or ever :)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
i dont bust too much retail so i would have to say Adrian Cardenas base auto from 06 Chrome Draft - which was big at the time.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I love these retail threads:

non-baseball:
Jahvid Best chrome auto
Sidney Crosby Victory Gold Parallel (was worth like $30 and the time, out of a half dollar pack)
Sidney Crosby Jersey (not big, but the story behind it was cool).

Baseball:
MANY jerseys
Adam Jones A&G auto
Dallas Braden RC auto (not for the name, for the fact that I pulled it).
Strasburg base (before his MLB debut)

I know there is more, that is all I got off the top of my head.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Travis Snider Orange Refractor from 06 BC Draft. Spent close to 500 on blasters on the ride from Oxford, AL to Montgomery, AL. Bought ever box at every retail store that had it in stock. Hitting that one card covered over half my costs. Haven't bought any retail since, figured I needed to stop while I was ahead.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
2006 Topps Update blaster.

A couple packs in I hit this:

2006 Topps Update Home Run History Barry Bonds on-card autograph 5/5
BondsAutograph.jpg

Sold for $550 a few months later.

Other notables:

2005 Topps Chrome Update Matt Garza refractor FY autograph /500
My first Sosa GU
My first GU (Maddux 2000 Upper Deck Ovation).

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I hit probably 3 or 4 Strasburg Chrome's this year that turned a nice profit. Overall I would say that from last years Bowman Chrome I pulled a Cody Scarpetta Gold Refractor Auto (Traded) and a Tommy Hanson Refractor Auto which I still have.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
kobayashi a& g auto
Joe Dimaggio jersey same as the koufax above
enos slaughter donruss autograph
kyle blanks bc rc orange refractor

and a bunch of cards that are worth crap now but were worth alot when i pulled them 10+ years ago.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I had been out of the hobby for years. I just got back into it and there are no card shops within an hour from me. Drove 30 mins one eve just to go to Toys R Us (sounds sad as i type it) for a little fix. Bought 10 packs of 2000 UD cost $30.00 In the first pack was a 500 HR Club Hank Aaron Bat card, was my biggest pull for a while.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I pulled all of these in summer of 2008, havent had a decent retail hit since then
out of 1 WalMart Donruss Threads football pack, was standing in checkout and decided to get 1 pack of this stuff...I didnt even collect football, glad I did
BarrySanders.jpg
These came from WalMart as well, the Xfractor was a buddy of mine, and i pulled the refractor...these were huge back in 2008.
Joba.jpg
JobaRef.jpg
Also pulled 2 of these Lincy's from WalMart retail packs
Lincecumautos.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
sigma_chi said:
I pulled all of these in summer of 2008, havent had a decent retail hit since then
out of 1 WalMart Donruss Threads football pack, was standing in checkout and decided to get 1 pack of this stuff...I didnt even collect football, glad I did
BarrySanders.jpg
These came from WalMart as well, the Xfractor was a buddy of mine, and i pulled the refractor...these were huge back in 2008.
Joba.jpg
JobaRef.jpg
Also pulled 2 of these Lincy's from WalMart retail packs
Lincecumautos.jpg
Nice pull on the Lincecums.