Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A newly discovered T206 Wagner ends in auction later today..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
That card is just a classic example of a "key card." Sure, it's shellacked and trimmed but it says a lot about the demand with such a brutal example at that price range.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
a $42,900 Buyer's Premium?
icon_facepalm.gif
miggy_face_ball-1.gif
icon_facepalm.gif

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
mlbfan10 said:
What does buyer's premium mean?
It's the sell fee charged to the buyer by the auction house to cover costs...but mostly to make them money.

Most auction houses make money on both ends of the deal.
1. A commission percentage that is taken off of the sell price (money that the owner/seller doesn't get - EG. eBay seller fees)
2. A buyer's premium that is a dollar figure on top of the sell price.

If an auction house has a 25% buyer's premium and a 25% commission on sales a $100 sell price would break down like so...

Final sell price: $100
Owner of item receives: $75
Buyer amount due: $125
Auction house net: $50

This way the auction house would make 50% of the total sell price...getting 25% from each side.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Card ended for $262, 000 with buyers premium. That was the same price the card was at with 16 hours to go. I was really thinking that there was gonna be a couple more bidders coming in at the end to push the card over $300K

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
someone paid over 2X too much on it, but it was for a good cause (and thats the reason).

I remember Zans post on seeing/holding the card at SGC..... that seemed so long ago.

This board (w/ Zans post) had the earliest info on it well before all the bigboys knew of it....... Very cool :)

Now if anyone can help me add to my 29 T206 Wagner's I have on my page, that would be very cool too, aloha

http://centuryoldcards.com/1909t206wagners.html

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
fkw said:
someone paid over 2X too much on it, but it was for a good cause (and thats the reason).

I remember Zans post on seeing/holding the card at SGC..... that seemed so long ago.

This board (w/ Zans post) had the earliest info on it well before all the bigboys knew of it....... Very cool :)

Now if anyone can help me add to my 29 T206 Wagner's I have on my page, that would be very cool too, aloha

http://centuryoldcards.com/1909t206wagners.html
:D

Members online

Latest posts