Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steiner Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Took advantage of the free Yankee Stadium Dirt and got a coupon code sent with it. Here ya go for those that wanna buy something from Steiner

$25 off $50 purchase - NEW102010

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
Thanks for posting the code.

I just tried to use it, but it didn't deduct the $25. And yes, I had over $50 in my shopping cart. I wonder if the code is for new customers only?

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
@ MLBfan - yup the coupon came in the envelope with the dirt. The dirt was in a container about the size of a half-dollar. I would've been pissed to pay $30 for it, but since it was free I'm cool

@Tedw9 - I double checked the coupon and it worked for me

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
Pretty sure mine got stolen, haha.

th_DSCN0431.jpg

th_DSCN0434.jpg

th_DSCN0433.jpg

The only thing inside was the $25 off coupon.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have not received mine and it has been over a week since they charged my CC. And it said it was to ship 1-2 days.
But they have been slow sometimes I order stuff, as I would expect nothing less from them. :shock:

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
Labratt21 said:
@ MLBfan - yup the coupon came in the envelope with the dirt. The dirt was in a container about the size of a half-dollar. I would've been pissed to pay $30 for it, but since it was free I'm cool

@Tedw9 - I double checked the coupon and it worked for me

I found the issue....I was trying to use it on an item that was on sale. It can only be used on full price items.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
Exactly what my envelope looked like.

Your envelope was opened with a tiny slight on the bottom corner too? Random. I'd be willing to bet whoever opened them thought it was some type of coin. I can't imagine they were to excited when it turned out to be dirt :lol:. I emailed CS to try and see what could be done. Obviously, it's not a big deal(3.99). But, someone did steal from me, which sucks :(.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
orion9578 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

Your envelope was opened with a tiny slight on the bottom corner too? Random. I'd be willing to bet whoever opened them thought it was some type of coin. I can't imagine they were to excited when it turned out to be dirt :lol:. I emailed CS to try and see what could be done. Obviously, it's not a big deal(3.99). But, someone did steal from me, which sucks :(.

Yeah, I went looking for the original thread about when these were available to see if anyone got theirs since I only got this coupon thing in the envelope. I found this thread first and found it rather strange that aside from having a different address label on the envelope, the tear in the bottom corner is identical. I can clearly see one of those shiny circle outlines on the envelope so yeah, someone probably figured it was a coin and went for it. Pretty cheesy but oh well. I'll call/email this joker on the coupon sheet and see what he says. I'm also curious to see if someone is on ebay selling a boatload of Yankee stadium dirt! :lol:

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Same thing here. I got my envelope in the mail today with a slit on the bottom left side. If anyone received their dirt, was it mailed in a regular envelope?

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Looks like it was once inside of the envelope. There's a circle etched on the paper. I was wondering why shipping on the envelope was $1.22 :lol:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I don't think this is a stolen dirt issue. More of a mail feeder full of dirt issue. It's likely these slightly thick pieces were placed through a mail feeder and the capsule caused the envelope to tear.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
lol I made that post and went to check the mail...my envelop had ripped open too...no dirt for me.

It doesn't look ripped by hand, it appears to have busted out of the side as if the feeder squeezed the capsules out of the PWE.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
It's really not that big of a deal but I called the number on the form anyway. One of those guys that just sounds like an ass answered and when I told him what happened, he transferred me to someones voicemail. I'll see if he calls back tomorrow. Granted, I can't bring my phone into my building anyway so hopefully I can catch him in the afternoon.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
Just an update for anyone else having this problem. I emailed a CS rep from steiner about this and he said they would send a replacement. If anyone who had this happen wants to pm me for the email address feel free. I'm betting the guy would appreciate it if I did it that way instead of posting it here for everyone to see(and perhaps a few people to try and get free stuff :p).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

Me four. I"ll be emailing CS in awhile once I find my email with my order # so I have something to reference when I email them.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
After reading this thread, I got real scared about the potential Steiner screw-you; however, happy to report that mine barely made it in. The envelope was damaged, but the coupon paper kept it inside.

Members online

Latest posts