Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Million Card Give Away - 52 Mantle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
That's awesome, good for him. I've actually been to that shop in Sonora, very cool, I figured some guy in Korea would win it :lol:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
So in three months, we should see the other two 1952 Mantles purchased for this giveaway?

Considering the individual codes aren't associated with specific cards, it could be interesting these next couple months assuming Topps hasn't falsely advertised this number of three 1952 Mantles.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
So in three months, we should see the other two 1952 Mantles purchased for this giveaway?

Considering the individual codes aren't associated with specific cards, it could be interesting these next couple months assuming Topps hasn't falsely advertised this number of three 1952 Mantles.

Why would anyone assume that?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Why would anyone assume that?
All two (same card) of the T206s that have been pulled?

The fact that these were initially advertised as "from the Topps vault"?

"At least three [of the 1952 Mickey Mantle]"?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
bozemanbreaker said:
Would it be an easy decision for you guys to sell?

For me it would, primarily because I don't collect vintage. What would you guys do?
For the sake of the promotion, I would hope that Topps would have repurchased some acceptable copies of this iconic card.

If that's the case (PSA 5+), I would sell it in a heartbeat, and buy some 1933 Tattoo Orbits I need for my set.

If it's the same hideous shape as most of the 50s cards, then I would keep it as a conversation piece and publicly mock Topps on every blog possible with high resolution scans of these garbage "vault" cards.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
The lowest they ever go for seems to be around 2500 to 3000 in rough shape. Thats still pretty good, but if it were i psa1 i would have them replace it with a decent copy if i could. I just would hope it would be atlest mid grade. I would keep, but thats some good $ though.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Assuming it was in VG or higher...wouldn't you be forced to pay taxes on the damn thing? It seems like every time someone wins something like this...IRS shows up. Just like the Wagner card where a postal worker won the damn thing and had to sell it just to pay taxes on it.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
predatorkj said:
Assuming it was in VG or higher...wouldn't you be forced to pay taxes on the damn thing? It seems like every time someone wins something like this...IRS shows up. Just like the Wagner card where a postal worker won the damn thing and had to sell it just to pay taxes on it.

Great minds think alike, I had the same thinking.

Since it is over $600, he is going to have to pay taxes on the "value" of that card.

I wonder if the IRS would consider it inventory (if he files a schedule c) since he did pull the card from a box and that way he would have to pay taxes on it until he sells it, at which point it would be a regular sale of inventory.

Members online

Latest posts