Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You know your team is having attendance issues when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
they have to advertise to the road team's fans to come see their team play in their arena. I have been a season ticket holder since 2005 and my parents have been season ticket holders since the 80's and I have never seen a team do this. I guess it's a good marketing plan but it just seems strange to me to have this coming from an NHL team.

I received this email today...

PenguinsSplash_11-22.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I was thinking about this at work earlier, but isn't Pittsburgh quite the distance from Miami? How many hours away from each other are they (in a car)?

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
G $MONEY$ said:
I was thinking about this at work earlier, but isn't Pittsburgh quite the distance from Miami? How many hours away from each other are they (in a car)?

About 1,200 miles. So no where near each other.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Weimer said:
G $MONEY$ said:

Yeah i just googled that and it says that Pittsburgh to Miami is a 18-20 hour car ride :shock:

Calgary to Phoenix, Arizona is 1200 miles. That would be like the Coyotes sending an email to Calgary fans saying come down to Phoenix to watch the Flames play the Coyotes :lol: Yeah, ill just jump in my car after work and be there in time for the game ::facepalm::

Thats just even more bizarre now that i know how far Pittsburgh is from Miami :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
G $MONEY$ said:
Weimer said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":30lh2a1l]I was thinking about this at work earlier, but isn't Pittsburgh quite the distance from Miami? How many hours away from each other are they (in a car)?

Yeah i just googled that and it says that Pittsburgh to Miami is a 18-20 hour car ride :shock:

Calgary to Phoenix, Arizona is 1200 miles. That would be like the Coyotes sending an email to Calgary fans saying come down to Phoenix to watch the Flames play the Coyotes :lol: Yeah, ill just jump in my car after work and be there in time for the game ::facepalm::

Thats just even more bizarre now that i know how far Pittsburgh is from Miami :lol:[/quote:30lh2a1l]

exactly. I could see if this was coming from a travel agency and they were offering airfare, a hotel room and tickets to the game but it's just strange coming from a team.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
move them to Canada already

Ive always wondered why Canada only has 6 teams. Its funny how certain NHL teams only get a few thousand people at their games. Our USHL team in Green Bay draws a pretty decent attendance for each home game. AJ ******* posted on his Facebook page that he went to a Coyotes game and they only had around 2000 people at the game. That's sad.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
tramers said:
go to St Pete , Tampa etc in the winter and you'll wonder who's left in PA.

Same thing with Phoenix and Palm Springs, California in the Winter. A ton of people from Calgary go down south in the winter and stay in those two cities. In fact my sister, her husband and their business partner owned a vacation property in Palm Springs for many years. They purchased the house, that was in a gated community from Super Dave Osborne, if u remember him at all.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
G $MONEY$ said:
Weimer said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":35w43aqj]I was thinking about this at work earlier, but isn't Pittsburgh quite the distance from Miami? How many hours away from each other are they (in a car)?

Thats just even more bizarre now that i know how far Pittsburgh is from Miami :lol:

exactly. I could see if this was coming from a travel agency and they were offering airfare, a hotel room and tickets to the game but it's just strange coming from a team.[/quote:35w43aqj]

yes, i could totally understand if it was a travel agency offering airfare, hotel and tickets to the game. Coming directly from the team is definitely bizarre. I guess it really just says how desperate the team is for fans and $$, even if it means bringing the other teams fans into the building. I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Members online

Latest posts