Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Trout or Bryce Harper

Mike Trout or Bryce Harper

• 1) Mike Trout

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Gotta go with Trout.... PING!
I'm a bit biased since I'm a Halos fan. But this should be a poll. Probably will be close to 50/50.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
now i would go with trout, just becuase hes has had more time, and is closer to the bigs. when harper gets in some non afl Milb games, my opinion could change

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I say Trout, Callis says Trout, the rest of the BA staff in February will say Trout. So, my answer is Trout.

And, as I've mentioned, not that many care, buy Trout while you can. His stuff is going to be insane next spring.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
will Trout develop the HR power and steal less bases?

Harper is popular because of the long ball.

the people who waste the big bucks on this hobby dont give a **** about stolen bases

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I'm a huge Mike Trout fan, but c'mon. Bryce Harper is a freak of nature athlete. I'll go with Harper, but I'd take Harper just about anybody regardless of the other's talent. Better MiLB talent? Trout, duh.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
You take Harper without question. I agree with TBP, the long ball fills seats (and sells cards.) Who will be the better "baseball player?" Right now, I say Trout. He is already a table setter that will manufacture runs and a good defender. Small ball, to me, defines a baseball player. Doing the little things right are what wins ball games (see WS Champs) and Trout has shown a knack for getting on base and making things happen on the paths.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
aaron41984 said:
You take Harper without question. I agree with TBP, the long ball fills seats (and sells cards.) Who will be the better "baseball player?" Right now, I say Trout. He is already a table setter that will manufacture runs and a good defender. Small ball, to me, defines a baseball player. Doing the little things right are what wins ball games (see WS Champs) and Trout has shown a knack for getting on base and making things happen on the paths.
But what has Harper done to disprove he doesn't do the little things? I guess next year will be a better time to compare though.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Give Trout a chance to develop 25 HR power everyone, he is and will be by far the better player. I have been watching Bryce at the AFL and he has a good arm, hustles, tried to take out a second basemen, gets his teammate beaned on the next pitch because of it, bowl over a mammoth Royals catcher, tried to break a bat over his thigh with no luck. So his bat hasn't looked great, but he is 18 years old. I still say Trout, but left unimpressed with Bryce. Especially since the autograph hounds have him running for his life.

One funny thing at tonights game was, his teammates chanting Bryce, Bryce, Bryce as the entire team is heading in from warmups. Sounded just like the scene with the Pelicans from Finding Nemo.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
securedsports said:
Give Trout a chance to develop 25 HR power everyone, he is and will be by far the better player. I have been watching Bryce at the AFL and he has a good arm, hustles, tried to take out a second basemen, gets his teammate beaned on the next pitch because of it, bowl over a mammoth Royals catcher, tried to break a bat over his thigh with no luck. So his bat hasn't looked great, but he is 18 years old. I still say Trout, but left unimpressed with Bryce. Especially since the autograph hounds have him running for his life.

One funny thing at tonights game was, his teammates chanting Bryce, Bryce, Bryce as the entire team is heading in from warmups. Sounded just like the scene with the Pelicans from Finding Nemo.
How so? Stats say otherwise, but I know they're only half the story.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
As an Angels fan, I see Trout apparently is the next super-duper-uber megaprospect coming through the minors.

I expect him to develop power, though hopefully 25-30 home run power instead of 15-20 home run power regardless of the fact he does everything well.

Considering Trout's tools and what he has done so far, his ceiling is probably a right handed, white, rich man's Carl Crawford.

I did choose Harper however because everyone is banking on this guy to be a superstar and how can you go against the guy who is supposed to be the chosen one.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Hallsgator said:
securedsports said:

Just from my observations, he is overmatched right now. It is possible some of the pitchers he got hits off are working on new pitches too. You just never know. He does have the baseball body build to last a long time, I just think Trout is the no-brainer.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
securedsports said:
Hallsgator said:
securedsports said:

Just from my observations, he is overmatched right now. It is possible some of the pitchers he got hits off are working on new pitches too. You just never know. He does have the baseball body build to last a long time, I just think Trout is the no-brainer.
What makes him look over matched?

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
He is very late during the entire bat, looks lost, and cannot hit the curve ball. Remember I have a 3 game sampling here and he is only 18 years old. I am not saying he will not be a superstar, but annointing him the Lebron of Baseball if far fetched. I would go with the safe bet of Mike Trout.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
securedsports said:
He is very late during the entire bat, looks lost, and cannot hit the curve ball. Remember I have a 3 game sampling here and he is only 18 years old. I am not saying he will not be a superstar, but annointing him the Lebron of Baseball if far fetched. I would go with the safe bet of Mike Trout.
Cool, thanks.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
securedsports said:

Bryce Harper through 6 Games:
.348/.423/.565, 8 for 23, 2 2B, 1 HR, 4 RBI's, 3 BB, 8 K's

Doesn't seem TOO overmatched.

Latest posts