Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question on prices of BGS 9 vs. raw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
From looking around on ebay and doing a little research on completed auctions of BC prospect cards, it seems that BGS 9's sell for slightly less than their ungraded counterparts. Is the typically the scenario? So it seems when submitting to BGS, you should always have a minimum grade of 9.5. Does that sound correct to some of you guys that have experience with this situation?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
WNP22 said:
From looking around on ebay and doing a little research on completed auctions of BC prospect cards, it seems that BGS 9's sell for slightly less than their ungraded counterparts. Is the typically the scenario? So it seems when submitting to BGS, you should always have a minimum grade of 9.5. Does that sound correct to some of you guys that have experience with this situation?

Yes, 9.5 MG for sure. 9.0's are hated in the prospecting community

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
ThoseBackPages said:
WNP22 said:

I disagree. If the player turns into a star, 9's carry a premium. When I submit, I do a MG 9.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
bballcardkid said:
ThoseBackPages said:
WNP22 said:

I disagree. If the player turns into a star, 9's carry a premium. When I submit, I do a MG 9.

Then you are in the majority for sure.

BGS 9's are MUCH harder to find on eBay then their 9.5 counterparts, especially for 2008 (and later im guessing, but havnt checked)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
matchpenalty said:
BGS 9 is still a nice grade. I know I'll pay more for 9 than a raw.

absolutely, but sadly that is not the beliefs of the mass-submitters

SOMETIMES it works in ones favor though

i was "forced" to pay $35 for this, because i couldnt find a BGS 9 for sale at the time (March 2009). i was looking to spend about $20 on a 9 (which it would have gone for, had it been available)

DavisIke2008BowChrRefBGS95.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
BGS 9 is a weak grade, you are better off with an ungraded card that looks decent to the eye.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
schmidtfan20 said:
BGS 9 is a weak grade, you are better off with an ungraded card that looks decent to the eye.

not when buying online. if a Chrome card is raw and for sale on eBay, there is a reason the seller is leaving money on the table

Members online