Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did this (2010 BC) ever happened to you before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Morning...

I bought and opened 5 2010 Bowman Chrome boxes at home this morning. Will show you all the scans in other thread. Anyways, the last box I opened didn't come out with an autographed card, so I went back to the pile of cards to check. And guess what? I found this:

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg

Absolutely no AUTOGRAPH! Back of this Williams card was clearly bend (look closely at the bend line across from the low-middle left side to 'AB'). I have a feeling that a Topps professional decided to move it away from Williams himself and mistakely put it in the pile for packaging?

What should I do now? Get back to my LCS or call Topps?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bobby

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'd just give Topps a call and tell them. I know I've heard a lot of horror stories about their customer service but I've found if you just call them, explain the situation, and are polite about it, they are great and help you out. I wouldn't bother with the LCS as really, it wasn't his doing at all anyway.

BTW-Any good shops up around the Baltimore area?

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
I'd just give Topps a call and tell them. I know I've heard a lot of horror stories about their customer service but I've found if you just call them, explain the situation, and are polite about it, they are great and help you out. I wouldn't bother with the LCS as really, it wasn't his doing at all anyway.

BTW-Any good shops up around the Baltimore area?

You need to check the Baseball Card Outlet off Eastern Ave near Dundalk (between 695 and 895). Ask for either Dave or Scott (the owner). Website is http://www.bbcoutlet.com/

Tons of wax and tons of memorabilia.

Thanks for the advice. I will probably talk to Dave and he will do the job for me.

Bobby

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
It doesn't say "certified autograph issue" or whatever they say on top of his name so you were just shorted an auto in the box. That Williams was NOT meant to be auto'd. It's just a regular chrome card.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Messier2 said:
It doesn't say "certified autograph issue" or whatever they say on top of his name so you were just shorted an auto in the box. That Williams was NOT meant to be auto'd. It's just a regular chrome card.

This.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Messier2 said:

I believe it's supposed to be auto'ed. Usually the base card would have an imprint silver auto - just like the other bowman chrome base cards...

So I will just tell Topps two ways - either shorted or an error non-autographed card. I am sure Topps would understand and send me one without any problems.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
matfanofold said:
In your box break thread, you busted 5 box's and got 5 auto's, no?

He got a USA auto in one of his boxes, which is an extra. In one of his boxes, he didn't get a chrome auto.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
None of the Hechavarrias have a facsimile autograph either on his base chrome card.

I pulled the base Hechavarria and pulled an autographed Hechavarria in the same box.

So basically, he was shorted an auto and the Williams does not have a facsimile autograph.

Members online

Latest posts