Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ackley in the afl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jedi500

Jan 2, 2009
He's been pretty good do you think he will get a call up next year?

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
As of now he's leading the league in AVG, HRs, BBs, SLG%, OBP%, and thus OPS. Oh, and his missed a week or so to an injured thumb. Sure, we shouldn't draw too many conclusions from AFL stats, but what Ackley's doing doing deserves acclaim.

There were/are some people that aren't high on Ackley because he didn't put up great numbers in his first season of pro ball. More than a few people questioned his promotion to triple-A. But if you look at how the numbers improved over the year (suggesting he made proper adjustments) and then look at his post-season numbers, and finally his gaudy AFL numbers, it's hard to deny that this kid can flat out hit.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No one is denying the guy can hit. But he still needs to learn to play 2B better before Seattle calls him up.

Personally I think he's eventually destined for the OF.

Wes

OG
Administrator
I like Ackley. Reviews from the AFL, while positive, should be tempered by the relatively low level of pitching in this year's crop - at least from what I'm hearing. I'd expect him up in June as another member said.

Members online

Latest posts