Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

thanks USPS! - new to my collection -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Got this today.
It'll go well with the rest ...

usps07.jpg

And yes, i scan them - I'm sick.

env011.jpg

scan0038.jpg

scan.jpg

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
Our mail people are just super lazy (for a long time we never got mail on Mondays, then on Tuesday we'd get a ton) but I've never received a package all beat up.

Stupid side story: I used to work for a billing office and if we accidentally inked/crumpled/crushed some envelope or package we'd just say "whatever everyone will assume it just got damaged in the mail." Fun...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Did you even get the card or other contents from the body bag mailing or just the lower half of the envelope?

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
rsmath said:
Did you even get the card or other contents from the body bag mailing or just the lower half of the envelope?

Funny story - of all things, someone mailed a USB thumb drive that way ...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
cmixer said:
rsmath said:

Funny story - of all things, someone mailed a USB thumb drive that way ...

Doesn't seem too bad of idea - mail a USB drive like that, pay the nonmachinable fee in addition to first class postage and USPS shouldn't be ****ing things up because they should know there is a object in an envelope that can't be run through sorting machines and should hand process the item.

Obviously USPS didn't pay attention and you ended up with the body bag and hopefully your USB drive.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I've been at the PO one time to send out a card I sold on eBay, and a woman in front of me was insuring her package she was sending out for $5,000. She paid for it, etc. and left.

The PO worker, went to go place into sorting, or wherever it's placed, and straight chucked it into the bin. THE WOMAN JUST INSURED THE PACKAGE FOR $5,000 DOLLARS MORON.

I'll never forget that.

brian

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Zan said:
The PO worker, went to go place into sorting, or wherever it's placed, and straight chucked it into the bin. THE WOMAN JUST INSURED THE PACKAGE FOR $5,000 DOLLARS MORON.

pretty typical of govt and semi-govt employees that I've noticed and had contact with - they are there for the paycheck and pension. They just need to hold out long enough to get the pension (or get full pension). The union is probably strong enough that a USPS job is a job for life unless you majorly screw up!

I wish they would consider doing professional work for their customers/taxpayers. Had it been a private industry job, their ***es probably would be on the street for incompetence or not caring about the customer and representing the company professionally.

Members online