Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who makes the HOF in 2010?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I just saw in ESPN that the four new notables are:

Barry Larkin
Fred McGriff
Roberto Alomar
Edgar Martinez

I say Andre Dawson is the sole HOF member in 2010.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I'm really hoping Blyleven gets in next year. It'll be a better year as far as getting votes go. He got 62.7% this year which is up from 61.9% in 08. Hopefully in 2010 he and Dawson make it.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
In order of best chance to no chance for the newbies...

Roberto Alomar should make it on the first shot, but no one likes a spitter.

Edgar Martinez lost his glove and basically molded a position. Everyone likes a "nice guy" but most voters would rather you play poorly with a glove, than just play half of the game.

Barry Larkin made it tough not to like him, but he's probably on the outside looking in. In that next tier of great players...they were great, and legends of their time...just not all-time.

Fred McGriff and Tom Emansky will both enter the Hall just as we do...paying customers.

So, who do I think gets in? Alomar, Dawson...and maybe everyone's favorite stat compiler...Blyleven.

markakis8 said:

Barry Larkin
Fred McGriff
Roberto Alomar
Edgar Martinez

edgar martinez was the best hitter out of all of them. They were all good players but i do not think of any of them as great therefore i would not put any of them in the hall of fame. Barry Larkin is always talked about but no way do i think of him as HOF'r

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I would vote all four of them before Dawson

I feel Larkin and Alomar will make the Hall, but not in 2010

markakis8 said:

Barry Larkin
Fred McGriff
Roberto Alomar
Edgar Martinez

I say Andre Dawson is the sole HOF member in 2010.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
How does Alomar make it in before McGriff? Heck he wasnt even the best fielder on the Jays in 93 it was Tony Fernandez. Alomar will have a hard time because his numbers fluctuated immensely as he progressed in his career and the writers usually take consistency into account.

I think it will be
1) Martinez
2) Mcgriff
3) Larkin
4) Alomar

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Mendoza has a line named after him why not?

While we are at, lets induct Tommy John for surgury, and Curt Flood for being/creating Free agency.

In all seriousness I am happy for Rice, but do not feel he belongs.

Jeff N. said:
If Rice makes it in, the rest of them do as well.

Hell, let's induct Mario Mendoza while we're at it.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Wasn't there a bat boy that went above and beyond and stole or tried to steal a corked bat of Albert Belle or Sammy Sosa that was udner investigation?

If so, that person should make it

What about MC Hammer's contributions to Oakland back in the day?

Jeff N. said:
Dr. James Andrews should make it in.

...weren't there any bat boys or ball girls that merit inclusion?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Nomaaaaaaaaaaaah!
nomar_joking.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
How about William VanLandingham?

In all seriousness I was looking at stats last night and the direction the voters are heading, all four newbies could very well make the HOF at some point in their 15-year run.

Alomar will be the first, followed by Larkin and Edgar, McGriff maybe mirror's Rice?

I think you should need 90% of the vote to get into the HOF. Like someone said, the HOF needs to be a no-brainer. People hear your name and there is no debate. And the VC should have their own separate "HOF" so people like Phil Rizzuto do not make the current HOF the Hall of Shame.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I like these new HOF rules. Can my wife get inducted since she stepped foot in a baseball stadium just because it is something I love? I mean, she even cheered pretty loudly.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If the cutoff was 90%, the Hall would look like this:
Tom Seaver
Nolan Ryan
Cal Ripken, Jr.
Ty Cobb
George Brett
Hank Aaron
Tony Gwynn
Mike Schmidt
Johnny Bench
Steve Carlton
Babe Ruth
Honus Wagner
Willie Mays
Carl Yastrzemski
Bob Feller
Reggie Jackson
Ted Williams
Stan Musial
Roberto Clemente
Jim Palmer
Brooks Robinson
Wade Boggs
Ozzie Smith
Christy Mathewson
Rod Carew
Rickey Henderson

Even with that list, people would still complain about Smith or Palmer or whoever. And that's excluding Berra, Spahn, Robinson, Foxx, Young, DiMaggio, Mantle, Koufax, and dozens of other rock-solid names. The problem comes from the ones who just squeak by, or the ones who take years and years to get in.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
no it wouldn't. all the other names you listed at the bottom would be there too. they just wouldn't have been first ballot.

smapdi said:
If the cutoff was 90%, the Hall would look like this:
Tom Seaver
Nolan Ryan
Cal Ripken, Jr.
Ty Cobb
George Brett
Hank Aaron
Tony Gwynn
Mike Schmidt
Johnny Bench
Steve Carlton
Babe Ruth
Honus Wagner
Willie Mays
Carl Yastrzemski
Bob Feller
Reggie Jackson
Ted Williams
Stan Musial
Roberto Clemente
Jim Palmer
Brooks Robinson
Wade Boggs
Ozzie Smith
Christy Mathewson
Rod Carew
Rickey Henderson

Even with that list, people would still complain about Smith or Palmer or whoever. And that's excluding Berra, Spahn, Robinson, Foxx, Young, DiMaggio, Mantle, Koufax, and dozens of other rock-solid names. The problem comes from the ones who just squeak by, or the ones who take years and years to get in.

Latest posts