Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sweet Spot Player Set = Complete!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
When I first heard Upper Deck was doing a college version of Sweet Spot, I was pretty excited and hoped and prayed that they would add a Wisconsin Badgers player in the set. I thought if they did add a Badger it would be someone like Ron Dayne, Joe Thomas or even maybe even Lee Evans but I knew even that was wishful thinking. When the checklist finally came out and I saw Garrett Graham on their I was pretty pumped and I honestly didn't even think of him being the Badger they would use but regardless I knew I had to get all of his cards and the final one came in the mail today. Another bonus was I was able to put together this entire "player set" for under $20 shipped!

Numbered 308/350
GarrettGraham150.jpg

Numbered 051/250
GarrettGraham250.jpg

Numbered 117/150
GarrettGraham350.jpg

Thanks For Looking!

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
JoshHamilton said:
Awesome. I'm gonna go for the Colt McCoy/Jordan Shipley rainbows eventually

I would highly recommend it as these look pretty sweet when set up next to each other. Now I just need to find a way to display them all together. In my opinion Upper Deck did a great job on this product.

Oh and for anyone who was wondering Garrett Graham is currently the backup tight end for the Texans. He is Owen Daniels' backup who just happened to play for Wisconsin as well! :)

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Do you have a Wisconsin mini helmet? I can give you a badass suggestion that would cost about $15

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
JoshHamilton said:
Do you have a Wisconsin mini helmet? I can give you a badass suggestion that would cost about $15

I don't have a Wisconsin mini helmet, at least one that is not signed. However I can get one from Wal-Mart, Shop-Ko, Target etc. any day for $20. What are you thinking?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I will try to explain it. I don't know what the hell they're called, but I'll try to find a pic on google images in a bit.

Have you been to a jewelry store? They have these U shaped (it's actually more like a square cube with the bottom missing) clear plastic PVC display things that they place a ring box on. Looks like this, but upside down: I_I. I'm sure they make one that can fit a mini helmet underneath. They can probably be bought at a crafts store for like five bucks. Buy whatever kind of card holders you like (I prefer half inch thick single screws. They're $3.50 each). Put the Wisconsin mini on a shelf, place the U shaped stand over it, and put a card on each side, and one on top of the stand. For aesthetic purposes, put the red helmet card in the middle and the whites on each end.

Does that make sense?

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
JoshHamilton said:
I will try to explain it. I don't know what the hell they're called, but I'll try to find a pic on google images in a bit.

Have you been to a jewelry store? They have these U shaped (it's actually more like a square cube with the bottom missing) clear plastic PVC display things that they place a ring box on. Looks like this, but upside down: I_I. I'm sure they make one that can fit a mini helmet underneath. They can probably be bought at a crafts store for like five bucks. Buy whatever kind of card holders you like (I prefer half inch thick single screws. They're $3.50 each). Put the Wisconsin mini on a shelf, place the U shaped stand over it, and put a card on each side, and one on top of the stand. For aesthetic purposes, put the red helmet card in the middle and the whites on each end.

Does that make sense?

Yeah, I think I get what you are saying but I would like to see a picture of the U shaped thing just to be 100%. If I am thinking correctly to what you are saying I may actually do this.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Have you ever seen those plastic cubes they sell at card shops that hold auto'd baseballs? If you take one apart, you're left with two pieces that are identical to what I'm talking about. 

Or, you could buy one of these
8082419.jpg

Same thing as the baseball cube. Mini helmet cases cost $15 or so

Latest posts