Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC 122 Marquardt vs Okami

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Well I get on the plane tomorrow morning and start my journey to Germany. I am really excited and I can't wait. I just found out today that Dana White and Joe Rogan will be doin the Q&A session before the weigh-ins. Not sure yet who is going the Autograph signing.

Post up some questions of what you would liked asked to Dana or Joe and maybe we can get them on the video. Obviously I can't ask all the questions, but if there are some good ones I will ask.

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Sitting at the aiport in the Azores waiting to get on the plane to Lisbon than to Frankfurt. My journey to UFC 122 has started.

Sean check your e-mail.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Etanju said:
Sitting at the aiport in the Azores waiting to get on the plane to Lisbon than to Frankfurt. My journey to UFC 122 has started.

Sean check your e-mail.
Good Luck Justin.
Have a blast bud!!

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Etanju said:

Sean check your e-mail.

I checked it and I am still waiting for follow up after you chat with bank.

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Sitting at my hotel in Germany. Waiting to hear that Kyle and Joey have landed. While at the airport in Frankfurt I took pictures with about 8 people who thought I was a fighter :) I actually got to take a pic with Goran Reljic who happened to be at the same baggage claim as me. He is the only person that I seen while I was there. Joey and Kyle left Atlanta 2 hours ago so it is probably going to be awhile before they get here.

Russ - I am just down the road at Ramstein right now if you wanna make a quick trip down to have dinner or something. Let me know.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Very cool bro, here's to good fun & a safe trip! ;)

Here's a couple questions for Dana & Joe...

Question for Dana: (This has to do with the whole teammates refusing to fight eachother)...When teammates are up thier in rank & fighting for that contender status & then refuse to fighting eachother, is it possible that the UFC could give them the ultimatum to either fight said teammate or the UFC will treat it as a loss & send them down the path that fighters career's take when they actually do lose in a bout that has title contention implications? Ex Koscheck vs. Fitch should have fought for the #1 contender spot & if both had refused then they get sent back down the ladder in terms of competition, having to work thier way back up.

Question for Joe: While being a colorful & entertaining commentator, do you have any such plans in the future to step out of the ringside commentator seat & into the octagon?

As I stated before, have fun & take care bro!
Dave :D

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Very cool bro, here's to good fun & a safe trip! ;)

Here's a couple questions for Dana & Joe...

Question for Dana: (This has to do with the whole teammates refusing to fight eachother)...When teammates are up thier in rank & fighting for that contender status & then refuse to fighting eachother, is it possible that the UFC could give them the ultimatum to either fight said teammate or the UFC will treat it as a loss & send them down the path that fighters career's take when they actually do lose in a bout that has title contention implications? Ex Koscheck vs. Fitch should have fought for the #1 contender spot & if both had refused then they get sent back down the ladder in terms of competition, having to work thier way back up.

Question for Joe: While being a colorful & entertaining commentator, do you have any such plans in the future to step out of the ringside commentator seat & into the octagon?

As I stated before, have fun & take care bro!
Dave :D

That's a good one! Dana will probably give the same non answer he always gives though. "For enough money anyone will fight anyone."

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
My question that I am going to ask Dana is this....

How can you justify paying James Toney $500,000 for 1 fight that you knew he was going to lose, when you have fighters in your orginization that have been putting their heart and soul into your orginization and it takes them 10 fights just for that amount of money.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Etanju said:

How can you justify paying James Toney $500,000 for 1 fight that you knew he was going to lose, when you have fighters in your orginization that have been putting their heart and soul into your orginization and it takes them 10 fights just for that amount of money.

10 fights?

I would be surprised if even 10 guys ever have broken a $500K payday with the UFC.

Brock
Royce
Chuck
Tito with PPV %
BJ with PPV %
GSP

I know rampage, Rashad, Silva make no where close to $500K

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
JzWand said:
Etanju said:

10 fights?

I would be surprised if even 10 guys ever have broken a $500K payday with the UFC.

Brock
Royce
Chuck
Tito with PPV %
BJ with PPV %
GSP

I meant that it would take 10 fights for them to accure $500,000 total. Not a $500,000 payday. Guys like Kampmann who make around $45,000-$50,000 a fight. 10 fights for him and he would have made the same as Toney did for 1 fight.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Etanju said:
JzWand said:
Etanju said:

10 fights?

Brock
Royce
Chuck
Tito with PPV %
BJ with PPV %
GSP

I meant that it would take 10 fights for them to accure $500,000 total. Not a $500,000 payday. Guys like Kampmann who make around $45,000-$50,000 a fight. 10 fights for him and he would have made the same as Toney did for 1 fight.

He'll probably say the UFC is first and foremost a business and they're in the business of sell PPV events. James Toney has a recognized name that brought in PPV buys. Like it or not people , probably a lot of people, bought that PPV just to see Toney fight. Just like Brock. He got 500K off the bat.

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Got an e-mail earlier from Joey Villasenor and it said to call him ASAP. So I call his hotel and Kyle answers the phone. Talked to Kyle for a minute and than Joey gets on. He is trying to talk me into extending my leave and going to Amsterdam with them for a couple of days. I don't know if the wife would like that, but I don't know if I can pass up the opportunity to hang out with Joey and Kyle in Amdersterdam. Decisions Decisions.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Etanju said:
Got an e-mail earlier from Joey Villasenor and it said to call him ASAP. So I call his hotel and Kyle answers the phone. Talked to Kyle for a minute and than Joey gets on. He is trying to talk me into extending my leave and going to Amsterdam with them for a couple of days. I don't know if the wife would like that, but I don't know if I can pass up the opportunity to hang out with Joey and Kyle in Amdersterdam. Decisions Decisions.
I see nothing but trouble in your future my friend.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Russ S. said:
Etanju said:

Why is that? It's not like I can get into trouble with a UFC and a Strikeforce fighter. At least I won't get my ass kicked :) Not like I need them to protect me though. I can't wait to post some pics on here from the festivities.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Etanju said:
Russ S. said:
Etanju said:

Why is that? It's not like I can get into trouble with a UFC and a Strikeforce fighter. At least I won't get my ass kicked :) Not like I need them to protect me though. I can't wait to post some pics on here from the festivities.

Joey & Kyle who? Last names bro, I'm not in the elite circle of MMA fighter's to call/know them on a first name basis! :p