Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats a Good Site for Vintage Collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am interested in trying to break into the vintage card circut and am looking to gain some knowledge before I do this so I dont make any dumb moves. Anyone know of any good vintage sites that I would be able to frequent the forums and ask some questions before I start buying/trading?

Also, before anyone says it, a site like something54something- I have been banned for life for some unknown reason so thats kinda out of the question (I'm thinking its because I joined and then did not use my account often enough).

Thanks,
Chris

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Some of us are pretty good with vintage. There is a vintage hobby talk section here also.
DANNY

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania
dano7 said:
Some of us are pretty good with vintage. There is a vintage hobby talk section here also.
DANNY

Yea i have viewed that part of the forum but it isnt visited as much as i would like. I was looking for a forum that is specifically focused toward vintage collecting. Thanks

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Seems funny that you'd be banned from Net54 for not posting very often. I rarely post over there, as do a few others that I know. Leon is a member here, maybe he will see this thread.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Junior Griffey said:
Seems funny that you'd be banned from Net54 for not posting very often. I rarely post over there, as do a few others that I know. Leon is a member here, maybe he will see this thread.

From what I've seen, you've really got to do something wrong over there to get banned. Leon always seemed willing to give multiple chances to people.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
You're not banned for life at net54...Leon has a simply policy to prevent bots and trolling that requires new members to contact him first.

Do that, and I'm sure you'll be welcome...there is no better site for vintage information. However, the PSA forums are filled with knowledgeable vintage collectors, both post and pre-war.

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the reply's guys. Ill have to send a message to that person and see if I can get on there. Ill also try the PSA boards. I don't really have any specific questions as much as I just trying to do a little research so I dont get burned on purchases (which I wont be making for a while bc Im flat broke. lol).

Again thanks for all your help and maybe we can get the vintage portion of this site going a little bit. Just a suggestion, I know ill be posting in there a little bit.

-Chris

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania
Got my account activated today on net54baseball. The site is really interested and Im excited to explore it in my free time. Thanks to everyone who commented and I will be hitting up some of you with questions in the near future as I overhaul my collection.

Thanks again,
Chris

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I'm sure you'll figure it out if you visit those boards, but Net54 is for pre-war (mostly defined as 1934 Goudey and before) and Collectors' Universe (PSA) is better for 1950's-1980's/90's cards.

And don't be fooled, Net54 is cliquey as well. But both sites have members that possess an amazing amount of knowledge.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
ThoseBackPages said:
Be forwarned, the PSA site is VERY clique-y
Please. And this site isn't? The Bench isn't? SCF isn't? Truth is, all message boards are cliquey. Each site has its 'elite' with lots of posts and an air of superiority (usually earned and deserved, and sometimes demanded). Regardless of the site, **********, trolls and troublemakers are almost always sniffed out and exposed quickly, and scammers are brutalized - all as they should be. Unfortunately for valid newcomers, the distrust that's built up because of the actions of the asshats out there make it hard for them to become contributing members - they're met with hostility and skepticism and simply give up before it can be discovered that they're actually cool dudes.

No doubt, PSA has seen more than their share of drama, and good people have definitely been run off. That's never a good thing. However, just like here, just like N54, the Bench and lots of other places, PSA is still a great place to talk about the hobby.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts