Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andy Van Slyke 1984 topps autograph 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
My brother in law has this card from the buyback edition and has offered to sell me this card for $265. Just curious to see if this would be a smart move.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
jrinne said:
My brother in law has this card from the buyback edition and has offered to sell me this card for $265. Just curious to see if this would be a smart move.

Seems awfully steep for a VanSlyke, but theres loads of people doing the recollection sets, so it might be good for flipping.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
jrinne said:

Seems awfully steep for a VanSlyke, but theres loads of people doing the recollection sets, so it might be good for flipping.

His wife is telling him that he could get some decent money for it but I dont think now is the time to sell. I think he has a lot of options for a possible coaching career.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
jrinne said:
GarkoCollector said:
jrinne said:

His wife is telling him that he could get some decent money for it but I dont think now is the time to sell. I think he has a lot of options for a possible coaching career.

Coaching careers really dont increase the value of cards. Joe Torre is a perfect example of that.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
jrinne said:
GarkoCollector said:
jrinne said:

Coaching careers really dont increase the value of cards. Joe Torre is a perfect example of that.

I know, maybe Im trying to fool myself but Im just having a hard time with the fact that he actually wants to sell the card. He has a Van Slyke collection that is second to none.

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
jrinne said:
GarkoCollector said:
jrinne said:

Wow ... who has the actual card ?

Interesting ....

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
jrinne said:
GarkoCollector said:
jrinne said:
GarkoCollector said:
jrinne said:

I know, maybe Im trying to fool myself but Im just having a hard time with the fact that he actually wants to sell the card. He has a Van Slyke collection that is second to none.

The fact is that its VanSlyke. 265 is borderline ridiculous knowing MUCH MUCH BETTER 1/1s from that set have gone for 200 or less.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Odd that the same exact card is on ebay right now with a starting bid of 295, that someone actually did. Guess he isn't selling you **** now.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Marro said:
Odd that the same exact card is on ebay right now with a starting bid of 295, that someone actually did. Guess he isn't selling you shat now.

You Jack Ass, that's my brother in laws ebay user name. He is selling it on ebay right now but I can get him to end the auction early. I never even knew he was selling it until now.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Marro said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Andy-Van-Slyke-1984-2004-Topps-Originals-Autograph-1-1-/260686941639?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cb2270dc7#ht_500wt_922

I'm calling shenanigans on this auction and the thread showing up so close. And someone actually bidding 295 on it.

Your not calling shenanigans anymore are you.

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
Marro said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Andy-Van-Slyke-1984-2004-Topps-Originals-Autograph-1-1-/260686941639?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cb2270dc7#ht_500wt_922

I'm calling shenanigans on this auction and the thread showing up so close. And someone actually bidding 295 on it.

MOMMA needs new shoes !

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
blanning71 said:
So your brother straight up just puts up the auction and goes around you? LOL. Classy move. Or is this a case of pimping an auction.......hmmmm

He's 30 years old, I dont think he needs to consult me about any move he makes. I dont know whats so funny about that. hahahahahahaha lol thats funny stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Marro said:
I will stop right after feedback is left by both sides, Till then I will continue.

If the auction is done off ebay then my guess is feedback wont be left since the auction will never be final.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
jrinne said:
Marro said:
Odd that the same exact card is on ebay right now with a starting bid of 295, that someone actually did. Guess he isn't selling you shat now.

You Jack Ass, that's my brother in laws ebay user name. He is selling it on ebay right now but I can get him to end the auction early. I never even knew he was selling it until now.

Actually, you've made yourself out to be the ******* by asking about a card that your brother in law already has up for sale and you didnt know about it.

Members online

Latest posts