Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The final word on the 2010 Bowman Wrapper Redemption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
TOPPS ANNOUNCES SPECIAL BOWMAN CHROME WRAPPER-REDEMPTION PROGRAM

Topps announces for every 18 wrappers (HOBBY ONLY) of 2010 Bowman Chrome Baseball sent to the company, collectors will receive an exclusive 5-card pack of exclusive BLACK-BORDERED PARALLELS of 2010 BOWMAN BASEBALL cards . All 110 prospect subjects from 2010 Bowman Baseball will be included.

In addition, randomly inserted into these packs will be:

· 37-card USA Baseball Bowman Chrome Black Bordered Autographs #’d to 25…featuring the 2010 Collegiate National Team and the 2010 18U National Team.

· 5-card Bowman Chrome Rookies & Prospects Autographs #’d to 100… Featuring Buster Posey, Mike Stanton, Mike Moustakas, Miguel Sano and Dustin Ackley.

· And because of a production error, the previously announced Autographed 2010 Bowman Chrome USA BUYBACK program will now be included as part of this wrapper redemption. Cards will be sequentially numbered with foil stamping to 100 and will include Bryce Harper, James Taillon, Yasmani Grandal, Drew Pomeranz, Michael Choice, Christian Colon, Manny Machado and Bryce Brentz.

The deadline for the promotion is 3/31/11

Wrappers should be sent to:

PO BOX 2230

Duryea, PA 18642

ATTN: Bowman Chrome Promotion

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Nice looking redemption program. It will be fun to watch for the mail.....in a few months.
DANNY

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Jaypers said:
"Because of a production error".

Let the frenzy commence.

Especially from 018890193664739349724974735....... :mrgreen:
JP, you forgot pi in there

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'll quickly add my own input to this announcement.

BRAVO. :cool:

Topps didn't have to do all this, but they did. They made a mistake with the Buybacks, but have officially owned up to it here. And then some.

So, for those of you with the cajones to actually complain about this, you're more deranged than I am. In a bad way.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some serious mailing to do. 25 boxes worth.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
So, for those of you with the cajones to actually complain about this, you're more deranged than I am. In a bad way.

Yeah, what kind of deranged person would you have to be by complaining about this!?! I mean, it's not as if you were expecting them to be packed out or anything when purchasing. And if you did not have the foresight to keep your garbage wrappers while busting, well before the redemption was made public, then your a fool. And Thanks Topps for owning up to this mistake by saying 'we made a mistake'. All is well now!

Seriously though, it is a nice bonus to thoes who are/were not expecting anything more than what they got.

I wonder if the USPS is encouraging these wrapper redemptions. lol.

I'm sure they are not going to discourage it, I mean they do make money both ways, no?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
matfanofold said:
Yeah, what kind of deranged person would you have to be by complaining about this!?! I mean, it's not as if you were expecting them to be packed out or anything when purchasing. And if you did not have the foresight to keep your garbage wrappers while busting, well before the redemption was made public, then your a fool. And Thanks Topps for owning up to this mistake by saying 'we made a mistake'. All is well now!

I'm going to reply to this wonderful sarcasm and then let this thread be. My statement was not about Topps' production error, it was about their resolution. Nothing more. Clearly they were in the wrong by not inserting them into packs, but they've done right by us with this solution, IMO.

Carry on, folks.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Hypothetically, what has more value?

The content of 18 packs of 2010 Bowman Chrome
or
18 wrappers of 2010 Bowman Chrome

Either way, it added 'value' to cases.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
matfanofold said:
I wonder if the USPS is encouraging these wrapper redemptions. lol.

I'm sure they are not going to discourage it, I mean they do make money both ways, no?

What I mean is if there's some extra incentive from the USPS given to Topps for this. We're always hearing about how the USPS is losing money. Also, Topps seems to waste a lot of money mailing redemptions to customers - using certified mail with return receipt.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Thinking about it now,it probrobly increased the odds of landing a buyback because not everyone who breaks wax will send their wrappers.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
matfanofold said:
hofmichael said:
Thinking about it now,it probrobly increased the odds of landing a buyback because not everyone who breaks wax will send their wrappers.

Good point.

Well technically it should be the exact same odds as they will allocate it based off total wrappers. If anything, I'll be more curious to see where these 5 card packs go when the deadline hits.

Members online

Latest posts