Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad Ebay delivery day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Wow, just not my day for getting in some Ebay stuff. Time for me to rant and complain.

First, upon looking at my mail today I see a small box, five bubble envelopes plus this business size envelope addressed to me with a strange return address I don't recognize. I decide to open the PWE first and of course, there's a card inside that I won on Ebay. Only thing is, the card is bare to the world - no penny sleeve, no topload, no team bag or anything at all to protect it. Just a long piece of thin cardboard the size of the envelope. So of course the card inside, a Joe Morgan Topps Stars auto, has a real nice dinged corner on it. I go log on to check my Ebay items won for the auction and sure enough, the seller charged all of $4.99 for shipping on the card I won for $2.84 and he used a whole 44 cents on the stamp on the envelope. Should I leave "positive" feedback for this guy who has a 99.4% rating with over 4300 positives? Why would somebody do this for a card that only could fetch a little under $3??? Is it worth getting negative feedback on cheap auctions?

The rest of the bubble envelopes I got today were fine. Cards were as described and shipped well protected. I then open the small box, which I knew would contain a lot of Packers cards I won on Ebay. Lots of Aaron Rodgers singles, plus a good mixture of current and retired HOF players I can use. Spent 10 minutes sorting thru them all and putting in piles, only something didn't seem right. I counted up everything and came up with 216 cards in all, of which 52 had Rodgers on them. Sure enough, go back and check the Ebay auction and see the the seller has it listed at over 300+ cards, of which there's 100+ of Rodgers alone. So why do I only receive 2/3 of the total amount and half of the Rodgers cards from the seller? Is he holding back? Another seller with 100% positive feedback rating with just shy of 1400 positives. What gives, am I supposed to receive a second box with the rest of the cards from the auction?

Maybe it's just me but doesn't it seem that it's getting really difficult to buy stuff on Ebay and get exactly what the auction states is included in the deal. Plus we have sellers that charge almost $5 shipping and the best they can do is use PWE and no topload, penny sleeve or anything to protect the card. I guess it's time to bring out the old "NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" button and educate some people on the proper way to sell their cards.

Sorry for the long read but this is getting rediculous...

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
card sales are down...ebay/paypal fees are up. Some people are willing to try and cut a few corners to save a bit.

brumbach

Been on eBay since April 1998, it's always been this way. It's not getting worse, it's always sucked. I'm not sure what people are thinking when they pack or sell things in this manner, but it's unfortunately not new.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Fandruw25 said:
card sales are down...ebay/paypal fees are up. Some people are willing to try and cut a few corners to save a bit.

----------

I understand sellers trying to cut corners and expenses down when they can, but to just outright charge $4.99 shipping and only spend 44 cents is not cutting corners. It's just flat out not giving much care about their customers.

I've sent messages to both sellers in this case to see what kind of response I get to my complaints. I know it's probably pointless to give them a chance to make this right but it will be interesting to see what excuses I get.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
ThoseBackPages said:
sorry about the PWE. its an easy chargeback, thats a positive way to look at it

The downside to that is now the OP will have to spend 2.19$ to return + DC the card so the seller can't claim "I never got it back" so they spend 2.19 for a headache. Some sellers are just crap.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
It really is amazing. Sorry to hear of your plight mark.

Not quite as bad, but I bought a large lot of mid range cards ($170 for 31 cards). The seller packaged them well, but taped them in two big blocks. No team bags.

I hate tape on toploaders. Team bags are not expensive AT ALL. All cards I ship go in penny sleeve, toploader, team bag. I then put an old bubble mailer around them and put in a new bubblemailer.

It's not rocket science! IT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
The PWE shipper should be spared no courtesy. Something like that is an automatic negative in my book.

The seller of the lot may have a legit reason as to why the cards weren't included, so wait to hear back from him before taking any further steps.

I hope you have better luck in the future!

Mamunrud said:
Fandruw25 said:

----------

I understand sellers trying to cut corners and expenses down when they can, but to just outright charge $4.99 shipping and only spend 44 cents is not cutting corners. It's just flat out not giving much care about their customers.

I've sent messages to both sellers in this case to see what kind of response I get to my complaints. I know it's probably pointless to give them a chance to make this right but it will be interesting to see what excuses I get.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
brumbach said:
Been on eBay since April 1998, it's always been this way. It's not getting worse, it's always sucked. I'm not sure what people are thinking when they pack or sell things in this manner, but it's unfortunately not new.

agree 100%, same ol same ol for the 12 years ive been selling.
as long as we have dumb people selling, we will have dumb ways
of mailing stuff. sorry to OP, you should deff neg city on both, both sellers
basically " stole " from you, if anything deserves a neg it is stealing.

bigdaddyblue73

Sep 2, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
Give em a chance to fix the problem before you leave the negative feedback. Then if they don't fix it right open disputes on both items.

It is a shame that there are so many jackasses associated with ebay. But that is the unfortunate reality of buying/selling. There are a lot of jackasses. There are a lot "don'tgiveashit"s.

I have always gotten good feedback as an ebay seller, because I try to do it right. Cards always shipped in toploaders in bubblemailers. When I ship comics I put them between pieces of cardboard then put them in the bubble mailer. Loose items get loads and loads of bubble wrap. To me it's just a matter of doing it right, not only as a matter of respect for my self as the seller and appreciation to the buyer for giving me his cash, but because it means less likelihood of dealing with an issue later

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Easy Peasy.

Neg. the Morgan seller. Without a question. Pure laziness. Make sure you let all the other buyers know what's up.

For the Box lot, email the seller.
Ask him why you didn't get it all. If he refuses to give you a partial refund or the rest of the cards, neg. him and state why.

That's the only way to let these sellers know we as buyers will not stand for this BS.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Okay, I have some results to report. I sent messages to both sellers asking how they'd like to rectify the problems.

First, on the Morgan auto the seller said to just send it back for a refund. I thought about just doing that and returning it unprotected in the same envelope that they sent it to me, but then they could just turn around and re-sell it and somebody else may end up with the same card sent in the same way. Plus I still wanted the Morgan Topps Stars auto cause I like the set and didn't want to hunt down another one. My easy solution was to offer the seller to refund me the amount of the shipping price that he didn't use - $4.50 and I'd call it even. Got the partial Paypal refund today so all is fine and hopefully the seller may have learned a lesson on how to send a card thru the mail.

On the Packers lot, I asked the seller for the rest of the cards or a refund of half the total price, since I didn't get all of the cards that were described in the auction. The seller offered to send me another 85 or so cards of which at least 50 will be Aaron Rodgers. The reason why they weren't there in the first place??? The seller said he never did count the cards and just took a guess at the amount. He said what was in the picture is what I got, only there's no way you count count the number of cards in the picture. He shipped them in a 300 count box so there should have been 300 cards there, right? Nope, only 216 in this one as today's cards are thicker than what they use to be. Anyway, I'm supposed to receive another box with another batch and then all will be good. No negative feedback needs to be sent to either seller, I gave them a chance to rectify the situation and both came thru. Things are getting better, lessons are being learned.

Members online

Latest posts