Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who would win between Machida/Bones Jones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
If they fight right now I would say Machida. Bones is extremely aggressive and that plays perfectly into Machida's fighting style. 2 years from now it will be a different story.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I honestly don't think this would even be competitive as Jon would take Machida down & pound on him (possibly tko'ing him with his vicious Ground-&-Pound, J.Jones' elbows are lethal)! Same thing with Bader vs Machida..even though Machida is ALOT better in the standup department, Bader would constantly take him down & over-power him for a 3 Rd decision. I think Rampage versus J.Jones (or Bader) is the ultimate test for Jones (samething with Bader) since Rampage is good with his takedown defense & would force Jones to stand & bang...Sure Jones has the reach & speed but Rampage has the power & experience. I think Jones vs Rampage would be a fight of the year type of show & although I am a huge fan of both of them I think Rampage may win this matchup at this time! Now as for Rampage vs Bader, I think Rampage would win this fight 9 out of 10 times. Bader would try & take him down & then get frustrated when he couldn't (or when Rampage would just get right back up) & then Bader would try & standup with Quentin..."Bader go Night-Night"! :p

scottiff

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
Jon Jones is the next big star in MMA. He would be Machida and anyone else in the 205lb. division right now. Just an incredible talent and he is not even close to as good as he will be.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
scottiff said:
Jon Jones is the next big star in MMA. He would be Machida and anyone else in the 205lb. division right now. Just an incredible talent and he is not even close to as good as he will be.

Not so fast. He wouldn't beat anyone at 205 right now. Shogun would eat him alive as would Silva if he moved up to 205. Hr won't fight Rashad because he's black so we'll never know about that. He's definitely a rising star but he needs more time before he'll beat anyone at 205. At least wait until he beats a top tier fighter.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
kdailey4315 said:
scottiff said:

Not so fast. He wouldn't beat anyone at 205 right now. Shogun would eat him alive as would Silva if he moved up to 205. Hr won't fight Rashad because he's black so we'll never know about that. He's definitely a rising star but he needs more time before he'll beat anyone at 205. At least wait until he beats a top tier fighter.

That is a pretty racist thing to say. He won't fight Rashad because he is black? You freaking kidding me? ::facepalm:: Actually, they are teammates at Greg Jackson's camp. Dailey you never cease to amaze me, your comments just keep getting dumber and dumber.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
seanho2309 said:
kdailey4315 said:
scottiff said:

That is a pretty racist thing to say. He won't fight Rashad because he is black? You freaking kidding me? ::facepalm:: Actually, they are teammates at Greg Jackson's camp. Dailey you never cease to amaze me, your comments just keep getting dumber and dumber.

He actually said that. http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewr ... mma-280391
Would it help if I said African American and not black? Would that make if less racist for you? If I'm so dumb just foe me and you won't have to be bothered by me.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
kdailey4315 said:
seanho2309 said:
kdailey4315 said:
scottiff said:

Would it help if I said African American and not black? Would that make if less racist for you? If I'm so dumb just foe me and you won't have to be bothered by me.

Actually, I had never seen that. I will man up and apologize, say my bad, whatever. If it is not too much trouble....maybe next time you can attach a link, instead of simply stating that he won't fight Rashad because he's black. No need to foe you, I would rather keep you around. The eating of Crow every once in a while is very humbling. :? My bad Dailey.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
seanho2309 said:
kdailey4315 said:
seanho2309 said:
kdailey4315 said:
scottiff said:

Actually, I had never seen that. I will man up and apologize, say my bad, whatever. If it is not too much trouble....maybe next time you can attach a link, instead of simply stating that he won't fight Rashad because he's black. No need to foe you, I would rather keep you around. The eating of Crow every once in a while is very humbling. :? My bad Dailey.

Sorry about no posting a link in my original post. I thought there was a thread about it when he first said that. I searched for but I guess not.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
kdailey4315 said:
seanho2309 said:
kdailey4315 said:
seanho2309 said:
kdailey4315 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewr ... mma-280391[/url]

Sorry about no posting a link in my original post. I thought there was a thread about it when he first said that. I searched for but I guess not.[/quote:1qwv6f28]

It was my bad....I admit it.

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
I personally think Jones could beat both SIlva and Shogun... i stated it a few months ago in another thread.... Shogun is good, i just think Jones has beyond real talent!

Jones saying Rashad is black was meant to be irony.....he was trying to be funny.

scottiff

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
kdailey4315 said:
scottiff said:

He fights at 205 and technically hasn't lost so your second sentence makes zero sense. He would destroy Anderson Silva. Silva is weak against wrestlers and unlike Sonnen Jones is a powerful finisher. Silva hasn't looked impressive since Forrest Griffin. He is going to destroy Bader. Sure Machida, Shogun would be massive challenges but the kid has an 84.5 reach and knows how to use it. He has out wrestled every so called better wrestler he has faced so far. He is the perfect combination to make a dominate MMA fighter. Once he wins the belt he will be very hard to unseat. Mark it down.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
Jones is a beast is going to be great...But Silva,Rua will show him things he hasnt seen it and he will pay for it.He doesnt have the experience to beat those guys yet!

Eh I disagree, I think J.Jones has alot more experience & knowledge than most give him credit for (it's just that he's so hyped many people want to bring him back down to earth...just like any sport's figure that receives this amount of hype early on, it just doesn't sit well with us "common folk")! :p

Members online

Latest posts