Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeez... ANOTHER Plain White Envelope...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
2000-3000 purchases on eBay, never received a PWE.

I've now received 3 in the past month.

The latest - $2.50 shipping (albeit cheap) for a PWE.

lidy07-2007

Govern yourself accordingly.

Neutrals and/or negatives will be left. This is ridiculous.

G

Man what was the card and did it arrive ok so why the Negative you got he card right?
Just asking about a neg, I could see you just saying it was shipped in a PWE adn leaving it at that.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
you can't leave a neg if you received the card as described w/o any damage....

You got the card and what you paid for undamaged. give him 1 star on shipping if you are unhappy.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
jdacunha said:

You got the card and what you paid for undamaged. give him 1 star on shipping if you are unhappy.
In principle, this is true. But you could also argue that the description (not to mention shipping charge) implied that the card would be sent and packed securely. Sure, maybe this particular card didn't get damaged, but without some type of bad feedback, others could buy from him and actually get their cards damaged in a PWE. The clown will never learn unless he gets negged for it.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
I hate pwe's just as much as anyone else but here is one for you...

I won an auction for 99 cents and the seller is charging 4 dollars for shipping via UPS ground. If UPS isn't the company that delivers it, what would you do?

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
LaneyB said:
I hate pwe's just as much as anyone else but here is one for you...

I won an auction for 99 cents and the seller is charging 4 dollars for shipping via UPS ground. If UPS isn't the company that delivers it, what would you do?

i think i won a card from the same guy..i noticed the same thing lol

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
jdacunha said:

In principle, this is true. But you could also argue that the description (not to mention shipping charge) implied that the card would be sent and packed securely. Sure, maybe this particular card didn't get damaged, but without some type of bad feedback, others could buy from him and actually get their cards damaged in a PWE. The clown will never learn unless he gets negged for it.

Yeah but then you get into a debate with the seller over what is and what isn't secure shipping.He can argue the pwe is secure and you can argue otherwise.Thats why I would just leave a neutral and one star is butt on the shipping part and then let it be.People look at neutrals too.

I really don't worry about pwe's.I have never had anything damaged in one.And, while it would suck to have a messed up card, the seller would get a definite neg for it if it were to happen.I do not advocate using pwe's but as long as I get my card...I could care less if somebody flew a Sessna over my house and air dropped the sucker.But if somebody were to use a less than safe method to ship the items I won and something actually did happen to the item...then I leave the neg.All you can really do is keep a list of who ships this way and use the list to make sure you buy no more of their items.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I have sent cards in PWE before...only .99 cards with $2 shipping.

If the card is messed up I would issue a refund, no questions asked. People need to relax with the negatives. If the seller gives you a refund, we give a neg?

G

Yep leaving Neg of PWE seems a bit over board even if your charged 4 bucks for shipping
If you get the card and it is ok the hit the guy with a low shipping # and tell even one you got a PWE
and move on.
I have seen people put in the auction that they will ship Priorty mail for 5 bucks but then it comes in a bubble mailer for this then 2, so what do you do there like the poster stated. Do you ask for money back since he did not ship as stated.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:

If the card is messed up I would issue a refund, no questions asked. People need to relax with the negatives. If the seller gives you a refund, we give a neg?

Okay...let me say it like this:

If you do something you know is wrong and could possibly be a problem and nothing happens...then so be it.But if you do something that is wrong and it becomes a problem...your fully liable.I think that shipping anything in a pwe is taking a chance but I cannot fault someone for getting me my item if its as described in the auction.But if the item comes to me messed up because I feel the seller negated his responsibility to properly secure the item in shipping...then I blame him.The post office as well but mostly him because he should be fully aware what can happen to an item in a pwe.I only let you get away with it as long as nothing happens to my itme.When something does...I am not very happy.A refund does not give me back my time for bidding on your item and winning it and paying for it all when I could have potentially gotten it from another source or just have waited it out.Basically the seller has wasted my time because of his incompetence and I feel thats worth a neg refund or not.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Yep leaving Neg of PWE seems a bit over board even if your charged 4 bucks for shipping
If you get the card and it is ok the hit the guy with a low shipping # and tell even one you got a PWE
and move on.
I have seen people put in the auction that they will ship Priorty mail for 5 bucks but then it comes in a bubble mailer for this then 2, so what do you do there like the poster stated. Do you ask for money back since he did not ship as stated.

No...you neg them for shipping in another manner than they stated.For a lot of you guys who are mega anal about shipping and how the item is shipped(which you may have good reason to since its your money and you could be buying a really high end item) you will look at how the seller ships his items.If he states one thing and does another...its an automatic neg.I am not trying to be neg happy here but I consider this poor business.If I walk intoa store and the employee tells me one thing and I get another...I am going to have a negative outlook on that business.The same applies for ebay and its sellers.

In case your wondering though...I don't leave a lot of negs.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
predatorkj said:
jdacunha said:

If you do something you know is wrong and could possibly be a problem and nothing happens...then so be it.But if you do something that is wrong and it becomes a problem...your fully liable.I think that shipping anything in a pwe is taking a chance but I cannot fault someone for getting me my item if its as described in the auction.But if the item comes to me messed up because I feel the seller negated his responsibility to properly secure the item in shipping...then I blame him.The post office as well but mostly him because he should be fully aware what can happen to an item in a pwe.I only let you get away with it as long as nothing happens to my itme.When something does...I am not very happy.A refund does not give me back my time for bidding on your item and winning it and paying for it all when I could have potentially gotten it from another source or just have waited it out.Basically the seller has wasted my time because of his incompetence and I feel thats worth a neg refund or not.

Ok...as a buyer you can't assume that the seller will ship in a padded envelope. If you are that worried ask. Most listings state regular mail. Most things that go through regular mail are in PWEs. If you are worried ask the seller.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
predatorkj said:
jdacunha said:

Paying $2.50-$3.50-$4 (the 3 prices I paid for shipping in a white envelope with a $.42 stamp) clearly show postage/handling gouging, something that is against eBay rules. Which, in my opinion, is deserving of a negative. The disdain the seller has in sending his product is deserving of a negative.

That being said, I have left a neutral in the one case where I received an empty PWE and a refund along with a snide attitude, and nothing in the other two cases. In the $4 / PWE case, the seller offered to refund some shipping. A week ago. Nothing received yet. No feedback left yet.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Regardless of "what is right", I will say this...

Any seller that is charging $2 or more for shipping one single card and ships in a plain white envelope and a 42 cent stamp is asking for negatives - no matter the condition of the card received.

You want to ship in a PWE, label your auctions with it and charge $1.99 and lower and I'll gladly leave positives. But...if you want to chase negatives, I'll be more than happy to oblige.