Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Raiders Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
I know there is a rising number of Raiders fans here so i thought i'd start a thread about them. Anyway I was listening to ESPN radio at work today and Heard Peter King say that the Raiders are in his opinion a top 10 team in the NFL. Boy that got me excited it's een years since anyone has had a positive thing to say about the Raiders

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
strange why does your sig look like an afterthought :lol: You just started sporting that thing or no? :twisted:

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
wheeler281 said:
strange why does your sig look like an afterthought :lol: You just started sporting that thing or no? :twisted:
Yeah i believe it was Card Magent that just made it for G Money myself and a few others, but ive been on here supporting the raiders since my first day on this sight. Ive been a fan for 25 years now (got my first Raiders hat when i was 5).

Meadows24

Nov 5, 2010
Decatur, Illinois
It is good to hear good things being said about the Raiders, because even when we were a winning team each year everyone loved to hate us. It's awesome to see a team that has been down so much show a spark and come together and believe they can win and believe in their talent. I like how Al Davis took a step back and let the scouts do their job, it made for an awesome draft year and it shows.

TRmatt20

Jul 4, 2010
Al still has to get some credit though, overall it's been a great season, we've hit bumps in the road, but the future looks brighter for now

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Congrats to the Raiders for crawling out of the gutter finally. I don't know if I'd quite put em top 10 yet. A little more consitency at QB will bring that. They've been fairly sloppy in a few outings and have had to overcome themselves at times, but the progress sure is there. Although not a fan they've always been a team I never minded seeing do well and hope it continues. I think a playoff berth will be a stretch this year but the foundation is getting there.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
It's just so nice to finally have SOMETHING positive going on with this team after the way things have gone the last few years. I'm excited to see what this team can do once they get all of their starters back. The change towards the positive started when (1) they released JeMarcus, (2) drafted McCalin (What? A first round pick that didn't leave people scratching their heads?) & (3) kept Coach Cable. FINALLY a little bit of stability at the coaching position. In addition to D-Mac finally getting it together, this draft class has come up HUGE for them this year as well. Its been a lot of fun to watch. Its also interesting to see them not only get some press for once, but positive press on top of that! :shock:

I'm not sure they're a playoff team just yet, but they're close. Very, very close. I'm hope I'm wrong - I'd love to see them back in this year.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I never thought Cable would be capable of coaching a winning Raiders team. This shows you just how bad JaCarcus was.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Great idea for a thread Bondo fan!!! These last few weeks have brought back excitement in the NFL that i haven't felt in many years. I have been wearing something Raiders every day to work and ive got an extra big smile these days as well. Life long Raiders fan (and a very hardcore Raiders fan) and i can thank my oldest brother for that as he is about 12 years older than me and is a big Raiders fan as well and got me loving the Raiders at a very young age. When i was younger, my family would make almost yearly fall/winter trips to Disneyland and my brother would make sure we would always attend a Raiders game while in Los Angeles. Being a Raiders fan, the late 90s and early 2000's where a very exciting time and i really pray that this new Raiders team returns to the glory that we have had in the past.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
bondofan38 said:
J-Rod said:
All 2 of you can hang out ;)
Hey to be fair there is atleast 3 maybe 4 of us :D

There's actually 5 of us :D

Myself, you (Bondofan38), Hawkfandan, TRmatt20 and meadows24 :D

Now if we could just get Raiderlakermiguel (from the old BMB days) to join FCB we would be set :p

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
There is also talk about Tom Cable as possible coach of the year. Not that i think he should or would win at this point, but i do agree he is in the discussion. I have to admit I didnt like the decision to put him in or to keep him. I really wanted them to go after cowher but i have been proven wrong and i'm glad that it happened.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
pigskincardboard said:
Raheem down in Tampa will surely have that award locked up.

Anyways, I love the Raider bandwagon.
Bandwagon? Nobodys jumping on a bandwagon I've been a die hard raiders fan my whole life through good and bad. Also Cable has a great shot at coach of the year

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
mstng99tim said:
G $MONEY$ said:
Now if we could just get Raiderlakermiguel (from the old BMB days) to join FCB we would be set :p
PLEASE, NO!!!!! Wasn't he banned from BMB and a few other sites?

:lol: , i never heard that he got banned before, but my comment was all in fun, notice the ( :p ) smiley i put at the end ;)

Me and Miguel talked a lot though back in 2005/06 on BMB as we were both collecting Andrew Walter at the time, not to mention we were two of the original BAD members.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
bondofan38 said:
pigskincardboard said:

Bandwagon? Nobodys jumping on a bandwagon I've been a die hard raiders fan my whole life through good and bad. Also Cable has a great shot at coach of the year

when your team is doing good, the haters come out :p

30sf2ia.jpg

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
G $MONEY$ said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":n31k70n6]Now if we could just get Raiderlakermiguel (from the old BMB days) to join FCB we would be set :p
PLEASE, NO!!!!! Wasn't he banned from BMB and a few other sites?

:lol: , i never heard that he got banned before, but my comment was all in fun, notice the ( :p ) smiley i put at the end ;)

Me and Miguel talked a lot though back in 2005/06 on BMB as we were both collecting Andrew Walter at the time, not to mention we were two of the original BAD members.[/quote:n31k70n6]

I had a LOT of Andrew Walter cards!

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
G $MONEY$ said:
bondofan38 said:
pigskincardboard said:

when your team is doing good, the haters come out :p

30sf2ia.jpg

I'm not a hater, I'm a band-wagoner. Hence, my love for the Raider bandwagon. I can't remember the thread, but there's been an ongoing Raiders / Chiefs (we both hate San Diego) thread since the start of pre-season.

I'm sure you can find many posts where I suck mad raider dix.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts