Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can the 2008 Montero Contenders Auto be the next great auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Could this auto that is out of 39 hit Pujols 2001 bowman chrome levels if he is a star in NY?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Value aside, I'd rather have a Chrome BASE auto than a Contenders /39 if it were for my collection. The Contenders set looks like crap IMO.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
1952_Mantle.jpg
JesusMonteroRef.jpg

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I dont see how people could say no in all honesty, A base card limited to 39 copies wouldnt sell for more then a base parallel /50? It without a doubt will sell for huge money if he turns into a star, Bums in football with the sp auto in contenders sell very high. 4-6 years into his career and he is putting solid numbers and MVP contender yearly, It will be a large sale if avail on ebay. Dom Browns contenders sky rocketed when he was called up. Chrome is not king at all, Beckett and Topps make you think it is.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Sticker autograph/unlicensed really hurts it.

I would rather pay huge money for an orange, gold, red, or super if he is the next pujols.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Marro said:
I dont see how people could say no in all honesty, A base card limited to 39 copies wouldnt sell for more then a base parallel /50? It without a doubt will sell for huge money if he turns into a star, Bums in football with the sp auto in contenders sell very high. 4-6 years into his career and he is putting solid numbers and MVP contender yearly, It will be a large sale if avail on ebay. Dom Browns contenders sky rocketed when he was called up. Chrome is not king at all, Beckett and Topps make you think it is.

Contenders has a track record in Football. in Baseball, Contenders is a dead line

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
"the next great auto" has a different connotation to different people. People could completely agree on the possible value of this card and completely disagree as to how to answer this question.

Expect someone to call someone a d-bag within 20 minutes over this misunderstanding.

All that being said, i think one important quality of "The next great auto" is that its ALMOST within your reach. You COULD go out and buy a Pujols. They are readily available if you have some serious funds.

But a card /39 is a bit too hard to find, and lacks the brand history of chrome.

I think his chromes from refs & blue refs are the sweet spot. Attainable, yet 'rare' , Attractive, Brand History, & On-card. x.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
cgilmo said:
You guys hate on contenders all you want. I loved that release and still pick up the singles.
They have some value due to their limited SP's.
But in no way is the Contenders Auto better than a Gold/Orange/Red Bowman Chrome Auto RC.

Chrome On Card Auto > Sticker Auto from unlicensed gaudy looking set.

ALL DAY LONG Son. Is and always will be.
But of course that is MHO.
If the OP would rather drop say 4 bills on a contenders auto than a Gold Chrome Auto, who am I to argue?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Thr only current card that can come close to sniffing the Pujols is the 2002 Bowman Chrome Ron Calloway Xfractor. One guy on here has it. I've tried to pry it from him, but it's PC NFT

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
JoshHamilton said:
Thr only current card that can come close to sniffing the Pujols is the 2002 Bowman Chrome Ron Calloway Xfractor. One guy on here has it. I've tried to pry it from him, but it's PC NFT
:lol: :lol:

Latest posts