Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The value of a pinstripe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
These two cards ended recently. Both SP'd to 79. One has a pinstripe and some stitching.

[ebay:37pqiddi]190464088573[/ebay:37pqiddi]
[ebay:37pqiddi]250719856141[/ebay:37pqiddi]

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
There's also the factor that one is BGS 9 while the other is PSA 9. Not going into which grading company is better, but there's a pretty decent shot at the BGS 9 becoming a PSA 10. Could be a very easy way for someone to spend and extra $10-20 to make an extra $100 or more, even without a pinstripe.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Zithy said:
There's also the factor that one is BGS 9 while the other is PSA 9. Not going into which grading company is better, but there's a pretty decent shot at the BGS 9 becoming a PSA 10. Could be a very easy way for someone to spend and extra $10-20 to make an extra $100 or more, even without a pinstripe.

I love this mentality, one reserved for a "modern only" collector. I've had a higher crack out success sending former PSA 9 cards into BGS than the other way around. It's all about the card you choose, not the grade on the lable. The grading company had nothing to do with that sale.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
BunchOBull said:
Zithy said:

I love this mentality, one reserved for a "modern only" collector. I've had a higher crack out success sending former PSA 9 cards into BGS than the other way around. It's all about the card you choose, not the grade on the lable. The grading company had nothing to do with that sale.

agreed, and id be willing to bet the pinstripe might not have either.
least not to that extent. time of day, length, pull of the moon on the earth,
way to many factors exist

Members online

Latest posts