Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent Mail with Some Well Deserved "Thank You"s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've been slacking on some mail I got in, and wanted to get it posted up since I have some spare time (not much going on at 4:30 AM). I haven't really been able to pick up anything lately, so it was nice to get some new cards in thanks to some great members on FCB.

First up, a big thank you go Slette for the following. He picked up a lot of cards from ebay with the Sinorice Moss Letterman (#1/5), and let me know he'd pass it on to me. It arrived along with some other cards for my collection. Thanks a lot! The two Nores are a welcomed addition to my collection, as well as everything else - including a Vinny Testaverde base I didn't have.

scan0003.png
scan0002.png
scan0004.png
scan0005.png

Next up, a thank you to joeyv for these cards. I had no idea they were coming, and are very much appreciated! Included were a few jersey cards, and some refractors to add to my Hurricanes project. Thanks again.

scan0011.png
scan0012.png
scan0013.png
scan0014.png
scan0015.png
scan0016.png
scan0017.png
scan0018.png
scan0019.png
scan0020.png
scan0021.png
scan0022.png
scan0023.png
scan0024.png
scan0025.png

And here we have a thank you to Zeeck for this LaRod Stephens-Howling Contenders "Rookie Ticket" #/99. This is one of the hardest cards of LSH to track down, and I've been keeping an eye out since the product released in 09. Thanks for the surprise freebie!

scan0026.png

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
bigdaddyblue73 said:
Nice Moss cards. Too bad the Giants waved him on Tuesday. :(
I hope it's a blessing in disguise. He might have a shot somewhere else to get a little playing time if he can stay healthy.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Very nice Magnet!!! I still need to get a LSH contenders auto, good thing I waited so long as I'm sure they'll be around $15-20 after he makes the Pro Bowl. ::facepalm::

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
Glad it's one you didn't have. I remember you having a bunch of his cards in your sig at one point, and I couldn't recall if that was one or not.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
joeyV said:
Enjoy. I found another Miami xfractor. Do you need DJ Williams from 2010 Chrome?
Sure do. And I will be getting you some LSU stuff as soon as I get enough in to make it worth mailing.

bigdaddyblue73

Sep 2, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
Card Magnet said:
bigdaddyblue73 said:
I hope it's a blessing in disguise. He might have a shot somewhere else to get a little playing time if he can stay healthy.

Every training camp he performs better than any of the other receivers, then either gets hurt or just doesn't do anything in the regular season. When he was drafted the Giants were hoping he would be at least the #2 receiver, but he never performed well enougth to get there. The likelyhood of him being picked up by another team is not good since he is not going to be able to play this year. I half expect the Giants to pick him back up nest year and that we'll see him in camp then.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
bigdaddyblue73 said:
Card Magnet said:
bigdaddyblue73 said:

Every training camp he performs better than any of the other receivers, then either gets hurt or just doesn't do anything in the regular season. When he was drafted the Giants were hoping he would be at least the #2 receiver, but he never performed well enougth to get there. The likelyhood of him being picked up by another team is not good since he is not going to be able to play this year. I half expect the Giants to pick him back up nest year and that we'll see him in camp then.

When he was drafted there was a collective "WTF?REALLY?!?" That year really bugged me as it was the first year that teams started dropping picks on kick returners with hopes that they could become great receivers. It was the worst year for receivers in recent memory. Colston, Marshall and Jennings will save the class but in reality it was just Santonio Holmes (all 5'10 of him) and a bunch of glorified returners. Between Holmes, Hester, Jackson and Moss, it was an absolutely brutal run of small dudes that were kick returners that could play some WR. As an OSU guy, I've never seen Holmes as anything other than the best number 2 in the game.

With all of the hype surrounding Young, Bush, Leinart, it was thought to be one of the better draft classes. In reality, it ended up being terrible.

Members online

Latest posts