Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Those of you that keep records of your spending habits...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
...do you use a simple Word document to log your purchases or format something in excel by player/year etc?

Or is it too depressing to look at those types of figures because you spend a good bit on cards and dont need the reminder? :lol:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
MojoDan said:
...do you use a simple Word document to log your purchases or format something in excel by player/year etc?

Or is it too depressing to look at those types of figures because you spend a good bit on cards and dont need the reminder? :lol:

........not depressing so I do not really track every purchase, I just try and keep the checkbook in the black. I do track certain sets in EXCEL so I know what I spent, but not in any formal "budget."

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I dont suppose there are any card software programs out there for logging this type of stuff right?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Excel is the best for tracking.

You can use formula's to calculate profit/loss, taking into account fees, shipping, etc.

I use it for prospecting and like having the ability to not guess-timate what I paid for something.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I have used the same Excel spreadsheet since I started collecting in 2003. It has note of every purchase and every sale I have made. I don't make it very complex, I just put the net amount, minus fees/shipping.

If you are looking for something fancier I am sure you can use MS Money or Quicken/Quickbooks and customize it to suit your needs.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
I only collect one player so it's pretty easy for me.

I use an Excel sheet with each card's info, the price I purchased it for, when I bought it, and the name of the seller.

voteEjordan

Jul 10, 2010
Washington DC
I use excel because I can have one worksheet that tracks all my purchases and manipulate that data to find out whatever I want, as long as its tagged properly. I have a column where I tag it as a single or wax, and I use the "sum if" formula to create a cover sheet that adds up my spending on wax versus singles.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Every purchase and sale since roughly 05 is in my excel spreadsheet. I have one tab with everything listed, then another tab for player(s), etopps, breaks, flip lots, etc. It can get depressing at times when I look at certain player tabs (Bowden, Egan, Masterson), but it also gives me a definitive answer on if the player was a successful or unsuccessful investment. Takes me all of 10 seconds to see what I have of a guy, what I'm in for, and if I've made any $ on him yet.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
ttt just this once in case anyone else wants to add something. thanks for the replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
tramers said:
I'm OLD = ink pen and notebook by the month ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats AWESOME Barry. Good for you!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts