Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First piece received for a mini-project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Hi all. I recently started a new TTM project.

Years ago, my late mom lived up in San Francisco area and used to go to games at Candlestick Park to watch "her team". Willie Mays was her favorite player.

In a box of old papers that she wanted me to have, I found this ticket stub from a game she attended:
scan0072.jpg

Using my keen detective skills, I found information about that particular game on the internet. Seems the Giants beat up on the L.A. Dodgers that game, beating them 7-3. Winning pitcher was Mike McCormick who threw a complete game! Also, in that game, Willie Mays, Orlando Cepeda, and Jim Davenport socked home runs. My mom must have been thrilled to see Willie hit one out that game.

So, I decided that I would try to get as many autos of Giants who played that day as possible. I already have autographs of Mays and Cepeda.

Sent out a 1961 Topps to Mike McCormick a week ago and got this one in today:

scan0018.jpg

Sent one to Jim Davenport the other day and will hopefully get that one soon. Due to how long ago that game was, I am sure I won't be able to get all the players TTM now, but will see what I can accomplish.

Thanks for looking.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Very cool project Andrew! Congrats on the successes so far and cannot wait to see how the rest of them go!

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Couple more received.

First, sent a 1961 Topps to Jim Davenport who hit one of three Giant roundtrippers on 9-8-61.

He not only signed my 61 Topps, but included a signed 1985 Mother's Cookies card, as well!

Then, though not TTM, got this nice Felipe Alou auto for $7 delivered. He was the RF on that day.

scan0001.jpg
scan0003.jpg
scan0004.jpg
scan0002.jpg

Goal is to get one sig from each of the Giants who played in that game. So far, have McCormick, Mays, Cepeda, Davenport, Alou. Only requirement is that the sig must either show them in Giants uni, or be a generic sig (index card).

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
pghbuccos said:
congrats on 2 more additions Andrew. that was very nice of Davenport to send the extra auto as well.

It was super nice of him. Funny, but he looks almost exactly the same on the cards, though almost 25 years between the two. :)

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Very awesome project!

Maybe it would be helpful for us (the board) if you gave a list of who all you need so maybe we could help you out?

Members online

Latest posts