Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekend Pickup Thread 11/12-11/14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
I didn't see one yet, so I figured I would start it off with some card show pickups.

Got these four for $32:

img473.jpg

Some player collection pickups:

img472.jpg

And some Hall of Fame and oddball pickups. The Pedro is #'d to 75.

img474.jpg

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Nice pick-ups, that's a good mix of prospects and veterans. I always enjoy having a well-rounded haul from a show. Is the Doubront blue FS?

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
I went with my dad Tuesday to Shreevport to the Barksdale Air Force base he had to do some stuff on the way back home we stopped by the closest LCS that is in Longview (Trice Collectibles) Tom & Jean Trice. They are an elderly couple who own it. I went in to get some supplies and looked around and picked up a pack of '05 Donruss Champions I figured I get a pack and use the players for TTM, they asked me where my 3yr old was and I told them he was at the house. They gave me a pack of Bowman Chrome to give to him. So I busted the Donruss Champions pack and pulled a GU Ricky Henderson!
img874.jpg

It looks like a NYY uni but his pic and team on it are Seattle.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Just picked up the mail. I still need five more letters. It spells out "MARACAIBO"

and piggy1918: Im going to hold on to it. Hopefully his cards get hot. Thanks for asking though.

img475.jpg

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
subpop77 said:
I went with my dad Tuesday to Shreevport to the Barksdale Air Force base he had to do some stuff on the way back home we stopped by the closest LCS that is in Longview (Trice Collectibles) Tom & Jean Trice. They are an elderly couple who own it. I went in to get some supplies and looked around and picked up a pack of '05 Donruss Champions I figured I get a pack and use the players for TTM, they asked me where my 3yr old was and I told them he was at the house. They gave me a pack of Bowman Chrome to give to him. So I busted the Donruss Champions pack and pulled a GU Ricky Henderson!
img874.jpg

I lived in Longview for 3 years until I moved to Paris about 2 years ago. I had no clue Longview had a card shop! How is it and where is it at? I go and visit a about once a month and will have to stop it.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
Re: Weekend Pickup [IMG]http://i1131.photobuckThread 11/12-11/14

Got the one card out of the DEEE set that I really wanted and another addition to the Storen Collection:

10DEEECollegiatePatches.jpg

10ProDebutGold.jpg

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
got these patches and 2 chipper jones rookies for 10 dlvd. first time ebayer with no feedback. took a chance and glad i did

patches.jpg

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
subpop77 said:
img874.jpg

Oh yea The one I went to is Trice Collectibles 2200 Gilmer Rd.Tues-Fri 10-6pm~Sat 9-4pm (903)291-8135 [email protected]
And the other is Allens is located by the mall behind The Olive Garden next to the movie theater.
We used to have like 3 or 4 here in Tyler but now not a one :cry: I thought we had one but it was a store with stupid Pokemon and yu-gi-oh cards I went in and walked around the store and was out pretty quick ::facepalm::

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
subpop77 said:
subpop77 said:
img874.jpg

Oh yea The one I went to is Trice Collectibles 2200 Gilmer Rd.Tues-Fri 10-6pm~Sat 9-4pm (903)291-8135 [email protected]
And the other is Allens is located by the mall behind The Olive Garden next to the movie theater.
We used to have like 3 or 4 here in Tyler but now not a one :cry: I thought we had one but it was a store with stupid Pokemon and yu-gi-oh cards I went in and walked around the store and was out pretty quick ::facepalm::

Hard to believe that HOT cards and comics over by Hastings went out of business! Actually, yes, I can believe that pretty easily!

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
mudflap02 said:
subpop77 said:
subpop77 said:
img874.jpg

Hard to believe that HOT cards and comics over by Hastings went out of business! Actually, yes, I can believe that pretty easily!
Hmm Refresh my memory that one had a slew of Sega system throughout the store And the boxes of cards and display for singles was at the front on the left right?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I have no idea. We are talking early to mid 90's. I remember they had a lot of comics for a town like Tyler. Showcases on the left side as you walked in? I also remember a much nicer comic store sort of across the street, in the shopping center near El Charro. They may have just been comics.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
ThoseBackPages said:
CubsFan13 said:
I
Some player collection pickups:

img472.jpg

i LOVE that Maddux/RJ dual BAT Card!

i collected HOF Bat cards for a while and finding pitchers with pictures of them hitting was a challenge

Glavine2000POTG_Front.jpg
JohnsonR2001GameTimeFront.jpg
JohnsonR2001ShowcaseAFront.jpg

Thanks, got it for three bucks. Those Randy's are pretty sick too. Im liking the second one. What year is it?

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
mudflap02 said:
I have no idea. We are talking early to mid 90's. I remember they had a lot of comics for a town like Tyler. Showcases on the left side as you walked in? I also remember a much nicer comic store sort of across the street, in the shopping center near El Charro. They may have just been comics.
Oh OK you were talking about Tyler. Yea the one I thought was a card shop and was a poke`mon/whatever was in the strip on the hill off of Hwy 110 before you go towards Whitehouse on the right. About 1/2 a mile down on the left is Trane. I think you are talking about the one across from El Charro that is a comic store with no baseball called Ground Zero. It has moved right across the street in the Brookshire's shopping center, catty corner from where El Charro's is. They moved about a year ago. When I first started going to the one cardshop in Longview he asked if I was interested in buying his shop. I thought about it and if I bought it I would have to move it all to Tyler which we need one now since we have not had a card shop in a while here.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
ThoseBackPages said:
$3? very NICE!

heres the back of the second one:

JohnsonR2001ShowcaseTheBack.jpg

Yeah. This one guy at the show had all these game used and autos marked down 65%-75% off book.
Thanks for the info. I will definitely try and track one down. Im trying to get to 100 Randy Johnson game used by the end of 2011. Currently at 42, I have a long way to go. :lol:

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
CubsFan13 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
$3? very NICE!

heres the back of the second one:

JohnsonR2001ShowcaseTheBack.jpg

Yeah. This one guy at the show had all these game used and autos marked down 65%-75% off book.
Thanks for the info. I will definitely try and track one down. Im trying to get to 100 Randy Johnson game used by the end of 2011. Currently at 42, I have a long way to go. :lol:

sweet Focus! you'll get there!