Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who have you meet in a nonbaseball atmosphere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
After meeting josh Hamilton this week in Bahamas it made me wonder who else ice meet outside of a baseball orientated atmosphere and I couldn't think of any others. Who have you guys been fortunate to meet in the real world

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I used to work at Sarasota Airport so I have met almost every Red player in the last 5 years...Also When the White Sox used to train down here I met Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, and Frank Thomas at a local nightclub here in Sarasota

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I met a Japanese baseball player in Burger King here in Japan last year. Forgot his name but he plays for the Seibu Lions.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
years ago i knew most USA pro water skiers , jeff Van Note former Falcon football , David Thompson - baskettball .

Jedi500

Jan 2, 2009
i saw derek jeter while i was leaving a movie theater a couple of years ago and got his auto on a piece of paper because thats all i had

Jeremy Shockey at a yankees game

i will get pictures later

Shockey i am not sure if it is upside down i just cant tell
photo.jpg

Jeter
photo1.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Not baseball related, but my great uncle's son is a famous tattoo artist, and we went to visit him a couple years ago, and Rod Pickett was there, who was on Trick My Truck. He also did Captain Phil's tattoos... AWESOME

This one is somewhat baseball related... but at my first Gopher game, my dad and this random guy get to talking, and he tells me "I am the dad of one of the players" and he let us meet him afterwords...

I was all extra idiotic and didn't ask him any questions about his playing with the Gophers... and my dad asked him to sign something for me ::facepalm:: It was slightly embarrassing actually...

So it was in a baseball atmosphere, but not under regular circumstances.

I am sure this year I will meet a couple though

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Dom dimaggio. My brother was putting a roof on his house and I was able to stop by for a bit.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Met Albert Pujols at a Casting Crowns concert. Sat three rows in front of his box. Didn't get to talk really, but my friend and I asked for his autograph, and he handed us signed Christian Family Day cards he had in his bag.

AlbertPujols.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Stood in the same line as Dennis Rodman and a couple of young female companions of his at a Quiznos once. Took him forever to order! :p

Also, once saw the late Merlin Olsen next to my mom's car at a stoplight. This was at the height of the "Father Murphy" TV show and it was a pretty big deal for us. :)

Have seen a bunch of Hollywood-type folks through the years, but can't remember many other sports figures.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I met Reggie Jackson at Comdex about 15 years ago. I got my picture taken with him and an autograph. Also met Larry Holmes at the same show. Very brief meet-and-greet but still very cool!!!

I later saw Reggie on the Las Vegas strip but didn;t have the nerve to speak to him. I was young and unsure of myself so I didn't approach him :-(

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Forgot to mention I drove behind Lou Brock on the highway... Lol. His license plate said something like LB 938, and knowing that is his career steal total, I sped up, and sure enough, it was him.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
When I worked at a Sears store in Vernon Hills IL
I meet a bunch of the Bears Dave Durerson, The fridge, Richard Dent, Otis Wilson and even Ron Riveria
And before all of that my wife worked at a place the Gary Fencik worked after he left football, so I seen him and talked to him at least once a week until she quit there.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Tom Oates said:
I met Reggie Jackson at Comdex about 15 years ago. I got my picture taken with him and an autograph. Also met Larry Holmes at the same show. Very brief meet-and-greet but still very cool!!!

I later saw Reggie on the Las Vegas strip but didn;t have the nerve to speak to him. I was young and unsure of myself so I didn't approach him :-(
Oh Tom what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ;)

LaBlueFan

Nov 13, 2008
Dodger Country
A few years ago, Vacationing with the Family in San Francisco, we were waiting for the Boat to take us over to Alcatraz, and "Browsing"
the Gift Shop, and who do I see???

Mariano Rivera........... The Yankees were in town for a Weekend Series with the A's.

So, like any Fan of the Game, I am Scrambling to find something to have him Sign as inconspicuos as possible, because he was
there with his Family as well. I asked the girl behind the register if she had anything, and she gave me a Pen and a Paper Bag..........

So, I turned my Red Sox hat around, and approached him wearing my Nomar Red Sox Jersey, and asked him for an Auto, and he Signed
it for me, and took a Picture with my Son, who was wearing his Celtics Jacket :D :D :D .

Mariano was a super cool guy, and I became a Fan of his that Day, He Proved not ALL YANKEES are A-HOLES!!

Dave

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
I met Mike Tyson a few times at the school where I taught in Brownsville Brooklyn. He would come to the yard and play basketball and kickball with the kids. He would hang out and talk to the teachers. Despite what most people think of him, he is a real nice guy.

Members online

Latest posts