Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1957 American league all star team signed BALL (PICS ADDED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
I have a very nice 1957 American league all star team signed ball it has all the players and coaches. Does anyone know what kind of value something like that has and if I was going to get it authenticated how much would it cost?

Here is the list of the players:

Yogi Berra
New York Yankees
C

Jim Bunning
Detroit Tigers
P

Joe DeMaestri
Kansas City Athletics
SS

Nellie Fox
Chicago White Sox
2B

Bob Grim
New York Yankees
P

Elston Howard
New York Yankees
C

Al Kaline
Detroit Tigers
OF

George Kell
Baltimore Orioles
3B

Harvey Kuenn
Detroit Tigers
SS

Billy Loes
Baltimore Orioles
P

Frank Malzone
Boston Red Sox
3B

Mickey Mantle
New York Yankees
OF

Charlie Maxwell
Detroit Tigers
OF

Gil McDougald
New York Yankees
SS

Minnie Minoso
Chicago White Sox
OF

Don Mossi
Cleveland Indians
P

Billy Pierce
Chicago White Sox

Bobby Richardson
New York Yankees
2B

Bobby Shantz
New York Yankees
P

Roy Sievers
Washington Senators
OF

Bill Skowron
New York Yankees

Gus Triandos
Baltimore Orioles
C

Vic Wertz
Cleveland Indians
1B

Ted Williams
Boston Red Sox
OF

Early Wynn
Cleveland Indians

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Re: 1957 American league all star team signed baseball

TBTwinsFan said:
Is it authenticated?
No, since he asks how much it would cost to get it authenticated. ;)

A scan would be sweet. Also, I didn't see Manager Casey Stengel's name on the list, but it's mentioned the coaches are on the ball.
Stengel's signature would be among the most valuable on the ball, along with Elston Howard, and of course vintage signatures of Mantle and Williams.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

Austin said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Is it authenticated?
No, since he asks how much it would cost to get it authenticated. ;)

A scan would be sweet. Also, I didn't see Manager Casey Stengel's name on the list, but it's mentioned the coaches are on the ball.
Stengel's signature would be among the most valuable on the ball, along with Elston Howard, and of course vintage signatures of Mantle and Williams.

Oops. I must have missed that part :? :? :?

Reading fail

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland

I would guesstimate $750-1000 based on other similar balls my company has sold. Now, that's if there are NO clubhouse sigs, if it's an Official ball and the sigs average in the ("7-8") range. Any variance will obviously affect the value for either better or worse.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008

yes Casey stengel is on the ball, it has all the coaches and managers. I will get a few pics of the ball soon.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
it came in the store, along with a 1946 NY Giants team signed baseball, a 66 Tigers team signed ball and a 48 Boston Braves team signed ball

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
...and you bought them without authentication?

I'll defer to the ball guys who commented on my Yankee ball post as for their opinion. In my uneducated opinion, either hat thing was kept in a shoebox out of light for 53 years or it's fake. I hope it's the former, rather than the latter, because the ink looks nice and vibrant, and the ball looks like a new one (although the stamp dates it appropriately).

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
...and you bought them without authentication?

I'll defer to the ball guys who commented on my Yankee ball post as for their opinion. In my uneducated opinion, either hat thing was kept in a shoebox out of light for 53 years or it's fake. I hope it's the former, rather than the latter, because the ink looks nice and vibrant, and the ball looks like a new one (although the stamp dates it appropriately).
I've got a 1968 Cardinals World Series signed ball that looks like it was signed today and it's two owners since it was signed...my dad...then me. It never saw the light of day with my dad, and I've kept it that way.

A couple different inks, some great quirks (two Brock signatures, two McCarver signatures) that are expected from pass-around balls.

If I didn't know the history of my Cardinals ball, I'd question it no doubt.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Crazylox23 said:
How much is that going to cost me to get certified?

Go to Jamesspence.com (or google James Spence). PSA/DNA also does it. I believe that I was quoted $175, but when I actually had it done, it was $150. I would think it would be in that neighborhood.

Again, please don't think I'm quesitoning the authenticity of the ball -- it very well may be real -- I'm nowhere NEAR an expert in this field, but I just went through authenticating a ball I've had in my possession for 30 yrs.

Members online

Latest posts