Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fake Press Pass Inscription???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
This was brought to my attention by another CJ collector. I believe it to be fake, and would be curious on the board's opinion.

First of all, The release from Press Pass said there are only 2 Red Inks and 1 Inscription for the Silver level.

All of the other CJs I have seen that were either, were at the immediate beginning or end of the print run.

Here is the card in question:
!B8tihvgBmk~$(KGrHqMOKi0EzS49Gk4)BM31FVitnw~~_12.jpg

Considering I own this, it is an immediate Red Flag
Lightning.jpg

To me, on the card in question, the ink is a different color. Also notice the L and the 8 specifically as 2 things that do not seem consistent with other known inscriptions.

Here are two more to compare to. Of all the Lightnings I have seen, there has only been one Blue Ink (Class of 2010 numbered 100/100) and the rest were red, if that is something that should be noted
01CJSpillerPressPassClassof2010A-1.jpg

10CJSpillerPressPassPortraitEmer-1.jpg

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Looks fake to me for 2 reasons:

1. Is it just me or does it look like the moron forger spelled it "Lightnig" and then went back and added in the 2nd "n"???

2. The "8" doesn't look right compared to the others examples given.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Look at the spacing between all of the letters, it just looks to weird to me. The forger definitely added the 2nd "n" in afterwards. I'm sure Spiller has signed "lightning" enough times to know how to spell it correctly.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
mstng99tim said:
Look at the spacing between all of the letters, it just looks to weird to me. The forger definitely added the 2nd "n" in afterwards. I'm sure Spiller has signed "lightning" enough times to know how to spell it correctly.
Yeah he has. It just looked like crap, but looking at the second G, it seems like he wrote his normal G, then tried to add onto it to make it more loopy like how CJ does.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Brad said:
mstng99tim said:
Yeah he has. It just looked like crap, but looking at the second G, it seems like he wrote his normal G, then tried to add onto it to make it more loopy like how CJ does.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Macken

Nov 14, 2010
pretty much covered it all, the auto alone looks suspect and you can tell he added the second n on the first card. good find

Members online

Latest posts