Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I hate all the eBay threads-but this I have to share

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
So, I usually can't stand reading all the threads on here dealing with eBay(kind of wish there was an eBay section, but that is another discussion). However, I have to share this story, because I still don't understand it really.

So, I am selling a card on eBay, with a listed price of $499.99. I am hoping to get somewhere around $200-$300 for the card.

I got an offer for $222.22 for the card, thought pretty hard about it, and countered for $300, and included a message stating something like if you don't think this is fair, let me know, I look forward to working something out. That isn't word for word, but pretty close.

After I countered with $300, a guy offers something like $175-and I countered with the same $300 counter, stating that I already had a $222 offer that I declined and countered for $300, and I am looking for $300 right now.

The guy countered my counter, with something like $200-and I again told him the situation, and declined. Well, he ran of of offers, and I thought that was that. Well, I was wrong.

Today, he sends me a message saying, " I guess you never got the $222.00 offer you told me you did." I replied to this by saying, "Why don't you go back and read what I said. I got a $222 offer, and had already sent a counteroffer to that buyer for $300, by the time you had made your offer. I have no reason to lie about it. I don't appreciate you trying to accuse me of lying. The person sent an offer of $222.22, and that is an absolute fact." So, he replies saying, "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!!!!! You need to relax and take it down a notch pal. You should have taken the 222 offer, keep playing the game and the game will play you .. TRUST ME!" To that, I replied, "Here I figured you would apologize for making false accusations, but being the scumbag that you are,you of course act like you did nothing wrong. I will pass on any advice you try to offer me, thanks. I do just fine, and no, the game "doesn't play me"-but, nice try."

And, the next reply of his was great, "REPORTED TO EBAY, thanks for playing."

The rest of the conversation involves me wondering what I did, and why he is reporting me to eBay. I am not worried, but to humor myself thought I would try and see what he thinks I did wrong. Well, he never did say, but his chest is puffed out, and he has flooded eBay with another false report, most likely BS and lies.

I hope this clown is here on FCB, because that would be epic.

I love how being falsely accused of lying is apparently now an eBay violation, but not by the one doing the false accusing. eBay can't even stop all the patch and auto fakers on eBay, and they have this kind of stuff being sent in to waste their time.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
hail2thevictors said:
So, I usually can't stand reading all the threads on here dealing with eBay(kind of wish there was an eBay section, but that is another discussion). However, I have to share this story, because I still don't understand it really.

So, I am selling a card on eBay, with a listed price of $499.99. I am hoping to get somewhere around $200-$300 for the card.

I got an offer for $222.22 for the card, thought pretty hard about it, and countered for $300, and included a message stating something like if you don't think this is fair, let me know, I look forward to working something out. That isn't word for word, but pretty close.

After I countered with $300, a guy offers something like $175-and I countered with the same $300 counter, stating that I already had a $222 offer that I declined and countered for $300, and I am looking for $300 right now.

The guy countered my counter, with something like $200-and I again told him the situation, and declined. Well, he ran of of offers, and I thought that was that. Well, I was wrong.

Today, he sends me a message saying, " I guess you never got the $222.00 offer you told me you did." I replied to this by saying, "Why don't you go back and read what I said. I got a $222 offer, and had already sent a counteroffer to that buyer for $300, by the time you had made your offer. I have no reason to lie about it. I don't appreciate you trying to accuse me of lying. The person sent an offer of $222.22, and that is an absolute fact." So, he replies saying, "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!!!!! You need to relax and take it down a notch pal. You should have taken the 222 offer, keep playing the game and the game will play you .. TRUST ME!" To that, I replied, "Here I figured you would apologize for making false accusations, but being the scumbag that you are,you of course act like you did nothing wrong. I will pass on any advice you try to offer me, thanks. I do just fine, and no, the game "doesn't play me"-but, nice try."

The rest of the conversation involves me wondering what I did, and why he is reporting me to eBay. I am not worried, but to humor myself thought I would try and see what he thinks I did wrong. Well, he never did say, but his chest is puffed out, and he has flooded eBay with another false report, most likely BS and lies.

I love how being falsely accused of lying is apparently now an eBay violation, but not by the one doing the false accusing. eBay can't even stop all the patch and auto fakers on eBay, and they have this kind of stuff being sent in to waste their time.

I wouldn't use the word "scumbag" through eBay communications.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
Oh I would use the word scumbag during all conversations with Ebay--They are scumbags helping scumbags.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
uniquebaseballcards said:
hail2thevictors said:

Not sure if this is the right thing to say here...

I'll go ahead and let the mods figure that one out. If they don't think it is the right thing to say, that is 100% fine with me.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Jeff N. said:
hail2thevictors said:

I wouldn't use the word "scumbag" through eBay communications.

I said scumbag in my 2nd reply to him. In my first reply, I was much nicer than I could have been. The guy accused me of lying(something I don't like at all), and I told him respectfully that he was wrong. He continued in his 2nd message, acting like it was all some kind of joke.

At that point, using scumbag is not an issue in my opinion. You may disagree, which is fine, that is your opinion.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Honestly, people that go around picking fights thru messages on eBay must live a HORRIBLE life. Especially when they try starting something, and then report you after you did nothing wrong. Well, unless calling someone a scumbag is some kind of major infraction.

I've got better things to do than listen to whiners who want to accuse me of lying-don't we all?

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Is his Ebay robo-something? Sounds very similar to some messages I got when I had some best offers on a lot.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Well all you had to do was counter with your offer and you did then when he wrote again and low-balled you again
counter with your offer then. Then when he sent you the message again and said all those things all you had to add
was Offer still is 300 and moved on, but you went toe to toe with him, which is what he was looking for, and now he decided to report you. I would have not even replied and moved on.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Pine Tar said:
Well all you had to do was counter with your offer and you did then when he wrote again and low-balled you again
counter with your offer then. Then when he sent you the message again and said all those things all you had to add
was Offer still is 300 and moved on, but you went toe to toe with him, which is what he was looking for, and now he decided to report you. I would have not even replied and moved on.

Hey, we all handle things differently.

I countered all his offers with my $300 price. However, one thing that I never appreciate is being called a liar. It is just one of those things that I don't like. I couldn't care less if he wanted me to go toe to toe with him, to me this is about the guy making a fool of himself. If the worst I did was call him a scumbag, I would venture to say I didn't make a fool of myself.

If you would have not replied, that is fine and dandy. I respect that.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
cstmleather said:
Is his Ebay robo-something? Sounds very similar to some messages I got when I had some best offers on a lot.

Guys name is "fredosp"

Quite obviously has too much time on his hands, and is quite delusional.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
hail2thevictors said:
cstmleather said:

Guys name is "fredosp"

Apparently so do you to play along.
You should of just countered, then blocked him.
Thanks for posting his ID so I can block him.

jeffv96masters said:
Was it really necessary to engage in conversation??

Set auto accept/decline limits ,,, if $200 is what you wanted then thats your lower limit for auto decline purposes,,,,,, auto accept apparently $300 was yours,,,

Jeff

p.s. Could I have that users name also?? I need to update my blocked bidder list now,,,,

^^^^ You should start doing this ^^^^^

Russ S. said:
hail2thevictors said:
cstmleather said:

Guys name is "fredosp"

Apparently so do you to play along.
You should of just countered, then blocked him.
Thanks for posting his ID so I can block him.

jeffv96masters said:
Was it really necessary to engage in conversation??

Set auto accept/decline limits ,,, if $200 is what you wanted then thats your lower limit for auto decline purposes,,,,,, auto accept apparently $300 was yours,,,

Jeff

p.s. Could I have that users name also?? I need to update my blocked bidder list now,,,,

^^^^ You should start doing this ^^^^^

Can you post (or PM) your Block list?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Pine Tar said:

Oh my God, I am agreeing with Richard!? :shock: :)

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I think it's all pretty hilarious, but mostly the way you flew off the handle when he called you a liar. You have some terribly thin skin to be hanging out on the internet. It's a rough hood dawg. :lol:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
So you were "hoping to get somewhere around $200-$300," and countered a $222 offer with $300...so you want $300, right?

Also, I'm a firm believer that anytime you have to write or utter the phrase "false accusations" in anything other than a court of law...you should shoot yourself in the face. Mini Johnny Cochranes running around eBay are entertaining...but that wasn't what you were shooting for.

Neither party is right.

Members online

Latest posts