Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

well, favorite player signed with Japan... now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
Well after being pretty happy that my favorite player Wladimir Balentien was finally a free agent and after having a solid year expecting him to find a team with a opening, I wake up to find out he signed in Japan.. I have stock piled a few of his gold ref and other high end cards at low prices expecting a rise once he had some playing time... Anyone ever had someone they invested in go to japan and excel there where they were able to make money or should I just recoup at this point?

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
He could always come back like Colby Lewis this yr.

Cecil Fielder was another. Plus he'll have Japanese cards to collect...and there's the Japanese market that's strong.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
I still remember watching a minor league game which he played RF and fired a laser to pick off a player on second.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
I just don't get it.. He hit over 20 bombs last year and was elected to the all star team and is only 26.. Its like giving up.. Unless he's one of those "see the world type people". He has only been a free agent like 3 days too... Jumping the gun imo

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Lew Ford did this, and he came back. He wasn't any better, or any worse for that matter...

I would still hold onto them and hope he has a good year in Japan, because I think he can still sell. Wasn't there a player this year that was going nuts over there, and he was selling pretty heavily?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
carlitoson said:
Good luck...hopefully for your sake he returns to the states.

Hmmm, sake...there's a reason to go to Japan
SakeBottles1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts