Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves interested in both Uptons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Prado and Jurrjens are the pieces being shopped around by the Braves with I imagine a Top 10 pitching prospect also

Prado makes sense with Arizona. They then could deal Stephen Drew away for something else and the Rays could then deal Jason Barlett and Jamie Shields.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I'd love it if the Red Sox's packaged together something special for Justin. His hobby value would go through the roof. This kid has no where to go but up in my opinion. Obviously I am holding on super hard to his potential, but I just believe he needs a change of scenery. He is prone to the strike out but I think that is largely in part to the overall acceptance of strikeouts in Arizona. I think he is a super star, and he is only 23.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
blazers091 said:
i doubt j. upton will be traded
+1 dont see him getting traded for atleast a few years

I remember reading the same thing about Cameron Maybin... he is the future of the Tigers etc etc etc.... they would be dumb to trade him... yada yada yada.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
sdsportsfan1214 said:
blazers091 said:

This!

He's already signed his extension which keeps him out of abitration, so his price will be reasonable for awhile. With his potential, they'll be alot more patient than they normally would be to trade him.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
blazers091 said:

I remember reading the same thing about Cameron Maybin... he is the future of the Tigers etc etc etc.... they would be dumb to trade him... yada yada yada.

Except Upton has something that Maybin never did. Success at the ML level. There is a big difference between a guy who has looked good at AA/AAA and a guy who has put up quality numbers in the bigs.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
I don't know if the Braves will still go after him since they got Uggla, but they could put together a great package.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Wouldn't all 29 teams be interest in Justin Upton? B.J. - maybe not so much but I would still like the Braves to get him since he would be relatively cheap in term of prospects. AZ would be crazy to trade Justin unless they got a crazy return for him.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Considering the Dbacks recently signed Upton to an extension, it wont happen until the contract is over.

Upton is the one guy here that people go to games to see.

When his contract expires, I believe he'll go elsewhere, but for now, he's staying.

And the Cameron Maybin comment is laughable at best.

Members online