Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box of 2010 SPx - I'm a freakin' idiot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Went to my LCS tonight and asked what's new
Shop owner goes "I've got SPX football in"

There on his shelf is some boxes of

scan0030.jpg

I asked how were some of the pulls & the owner said every box opened so far had an auto jersey RC, an auto RC, a patch card & a jersey card.

So with that I grab a box and procede to open

After opening the first pack I realized what an idiot I am -Feel free to smack the shat out of me ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
I forgot UD only produces collegiate products - my bad :oops:

But I looked at the box again and damn UD is hoping people like me buy without investigating further

Looking at the front of the box - all it says is SPX 2010 Football HOBBY with the NFL PLAYERS LOGO ??
WTF ? other than the tiny collegiate logo on the side there is no mention that these are cards of players in collegiate uniforms
Unlike Sweet Spot which definately was advertised/marketed as a Collegiate product.
I know I should have known better but to the average joe he would definately think he is getting the same SPX Football as he has in years past.

scan0003-2.jpg

Well live and learn... here are the pulls from my box

scan0008.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0005-1.jpg

Oh one last question ---when the freak did Tom Brady's Jersey have red from a Michigan Jersey?

scan0004-2.jpg

Sorry for the bitchin' but I hate when the jersey doesn't match up to the card...just lazy on UD's part

All are FS/FT
Chris

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Unfortunately, alot of the jersey cards are still going to have NFL jerseys in them since UD still had alot of them around when they lost their license. It happened in Sweet Spot too.

Not cool.

At least you can hit up mcjansen about the Cooper and the Gerhart should do well.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
the base cards look alot like the old hockey SPGU. Ugly cards i am sorry that they got you good.

I am a fan of buying cards of players i collect in there college jerseys. I am a UofM fan so i would be happy with the Brady jersey card.

Members online