Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 USA set confusion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
I was on Upper Decks site last night and found a checklist with print runs of all the cards that will be coming out in the 2009 USA sets. If you go under baseball they have a link for it(I don't think I can link it properly). Some interesting names missing on the checklist. Still most of the big names though(Strasburg, Turner, Tate etc. are still there). There seems to be a lot of new subsets. Maybe all on-card since none specify?

The bigger question I have is it says its release is 1/14/09, yet nobody knows about it. AIC has not seen any info besides the checklist.

Is something holding up the release of info? or is just a UD blunder?

- Ryan

jkneer

Aug 9, 2008
I saw that too. I also think it had a release date of 12/20 at some point.

Would love to hear if Andrew has any news!

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I was going to make a post about this wondering if anyone was going to get their sets in tomorrow, but since there is no discussion about it, I would say the answer is no.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I think it might be (I hope!) a boxed set.

I was listening to a several month old audio podcast (now apparently a defunct podcast) from a wisconsin-based sportscards magazine publisher and the UD rep was talking about some USA boxed product for the holidays and I was thinking "huh???" because I have not been aware of a new boxed set release since the 2008 one many months ago.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
rsmath said:

I was listening to a several month old audio podcast (now apparently a defunct podcast) from a wisconsin-based sportscards magazine publisher and the UD rep was talking about some USA boxed product for the holidays and I was thinking "huh???" because I have not been aware of a new boxed set release since the 2008 one many months ago.

My podcast will have Chris from Upper Deck on this week. So hopefully will have some news on this.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
rsmath said:

My podcast will have Chris from Upper Deck on this week. So hopefully will have some news on this.

I was hoping you would get someone soon from UD. Let us know when so we get submit questions. :)

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I talked to Chris Carlin, info should be out tomorrow. I will interview him on friday at noon est.

Members online

Latest posts