Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joseph Mahoney vs. Joe Mahoney - 2 Cards in 2008 BC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I am not a prospector by any means, but maybe one of you guys can explain this to me. Joe Mahoney has a card in 2008 Bowman Chrome, #BCP183. Joseph Mahoney has a card in 2008 Bowman Chrome, #BCP74. They are both obviously the same person. Did Topps mistakenly release two cards of the same player in one set? Or was one of these the Bowman Set which included Bowman Chrome cards in the packs, and the other card directly released in Bowman Chrome packs. If this is the case, which would be considered his rookie? Both cards say "First Bowman Chrome Card" on them.

!B8IV9P!!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!hEEyr2qBRCLBM2JZ4fOL!~~0_1.jpg
BCP74 - Refractors of this card numbered to 599.

!BzGeiCg!Wk~$(KGrHqZ,!j!Ew5R!LO)GBMUene2pgQ~~_12.jpg
BCP183 - Refractors of this card numbered to 500.

The Bowman Chrome numbering and release differences with Bowman, Bowman Chrome, and Bowman Draft are 300% more difficult than they have to be. I understand the MLB RC rules fairly well. Can't there just be one Bowman Chrome set with continuous numbering from 1-300, and one Bowman Chrome prospect set with continuous numbering from 1 to 200?

Members online

Latest posts