Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3 years and 63 million not enough for Jeter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
3 years is enough he wants 4-6 years. LOL come on already. Take the 3 year 21 mil /year and say thanks.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
jcmint said:
3 years is enough he wants 4-6 years. LOL come on already. Take the 3 year 21 mil /year and say thanks.

+1, I was thinking 3yrs @ 30million...I just can't stand stupid Yankees fans that say "just give him whatever he wants." Jeter was paid very well the last 14 years by the Yankees. You are paying him on his value going forward, not what he did.

I can see overpaying a tad...but not more than $1-3m per year.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
ThoseBackPages said:
Jeter Brand is HUGE

they will pay him

3 years at 21 a year isn't getting paid? That isn't showing respect for an aging shortstop coming off his worst year?
Do you think he deserves 5/105? Has to be atleast 21 million a year. Hate for it to look like he was taking a pay cut.
Do you give him 10/276 so he has bragging rights with A-ROD?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
SamHell said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jeter Brand is HUGE

they will pay him

3 years at 21 a year isn't getting paid? That isn't showing respect for an aging shortstop coming off his worst year?
Do you think he deserves 5/105? Has to be atleast 21 million a year. Hate for it to look like he was taking a pay cut.
Or do you give him 10/276 so he has bragging rights with A-ROD?

i'd give him his walking papers and a big "**** you" Derek, you and Bernie, very overrated, adios!

but im sure George's kids will cave in and pay him

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
sheetskout said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jeter Brand is HUGE

they will pay him

This and future HOF vets who spent their entire, lengthy career with the same team puts butts in the seats.

Lol. Like the 10 million people in metro New York wasn't enough?

A lot of people like consistency/loyalty more than change and would pay for it. Yankees also own YES, so many of those seats are in people's homes.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
So who is replacing him in 3 years? Seems like the Yankees put the writing on the wall and he can't read it just yet. He should really shoot for a Bobby Bo kinda deal like the one he got. From the mets, defer payment for 10 or so years and make 30 million for nothing.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Marro said:
So who is replacing him in 3 years? Seems like the Yankees put the writing on the wall and he can't read it just yet. He should really shoot for a Bobby Bo kinda deal like the one he got. From the mets, defer payment for 10 or so years and make 30 million for nothing.

Hanley

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Marro said:

Big free agent SS class after the 2014 season. Andrus, Hanley Ramirez and Tulowitzki will all be available unless they sign extensions.
Maybe they should give Jeter 4 years. :lol: not
They can get Reyes after next year.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
SamHell said:
Marro said:

Big free agent SS class after the 2014 season. Andrus, Hanley Ramirez and Tulowitzki will all be available unless they sign extensions.
Maybe they should give Jeter 4 years. :lol: not
They can get Reyes after next year.

I didn't know what SS were free agents in 3 years and now the offer makes sense to me. Yankees did there homework and Jeter doesn't see it or doesn't wanna think he should retire in three years. 17 years is a nice long career for a SS and he is a lock for HOF. What network does he work for or does he do Yankee games only for there official station? I'm guessing he does Yankee only games a few years after retirement.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Jeter the "Has Been" was overrated before his downward skid, and now is worth only 1/3rd that $$!

But.... The Yankees ownership is braindead and will pay it, theyve ALWAYS overpaid for "Has Beens" and this will be another prime example.

Heck, 1/2 their team falls into that category.

Jeter and AJ Burnett made more than the entire San Diego Padres team last year.

Jeter, Burnett, Posada, Wood, and Granderson combined, made more $$ last year than 10 entire teams (1/3 of MLB), including the Padres, A's, Rangers, Blue Jays, Reds, etc..

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
sheetskout said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jeter Brand is HUGE

they will pay him

This and future HOF vets who spent their entire, lengthy career with the same team puts butts in the seats.

A lot of people like consistency/loyalty more than change and would pay for it. Yankees also own YES, so many of those seats are in people's homes.

So if Jeter leaves, so do fans? I don't buy it, I don't buy it one bit.

3 years at $21 million per is MORE $$ per year than his last contract, isn't it?

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
hail2thevictors said:
sheetskout said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jeter Brand is HUGE

they will pay him

So if Jeter leaves, so do fans? I don't buy it, I don't buy it one bit.

3 years at $21 million per is MORE $$ per year than his last contract, isn't it?

I agree with this,the real fans will know the yankees offer was fair and generous! I personally think they would be better off letting him walk and replacing him.The money they will lose from him leaving isnt as bad as peole think.They are the yankees,they will recover.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
fkw said:
Jeter the "Has Been" was overrated before his downward skid, and now is worth only 1/3rd that $$!

But.... The Yankees ownership is braindead and will pay it, theyve ALWAYS overpaid for "Has Beens" and this will be another prime example.

Heck, 1/2 their team falls into that category.

Jeter and AJ Burnett made more than the entire San Diego Padres team last year.

Jeter, Burnett, Posada, Wood, and Granderson combined, made more $$ last year than 10 entire teams (1/3 of MLB), including the Padres, A's, Rangers, Blue Jays, Reds, etc..
Thats why even though they have a superior payroll (was like what 50 mil above Red Sox and others that were high but not that high) They have only won one championship in the last 10 years. That whole 1996-2000 Dynasty is about done put a fork in the waste of overrated. They should look for young stars for a good % of the team or not have a future.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
ThoseBackPages said:
SamHell said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jeter Brand is HUGE

they will pay him

Or do you give him 10/276 so he has bragging rights with A-ROD?

i'd give him his walking papers and a big "**** you" Derek, you and Bernie, very overrated, adios!

but im sure George's kids will cave in and pay him

Isn't that against TOS? Anyways I agree with you, Jeter is overrated but will be paid what he wants just because he's Jeter

Members online

Latest posts