Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plano26

Jun 13, 2010
Lost in the Desert
So, I redeemed a 2010 T-206 Sammy Gervacio - Auto; got a replacement from Topps in the mail today; they indicating circumstances beyond there control they couldn't provide the card. The replacement is a 2009 T-206 David Hernandez RC - Auto.

Bad, good or otherwise?

Thanks

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Were you expecting a Strasburg? That is a good replacement - a $2 card for a $2 card. The ironic thing is that they spend more to mail those things out via certified mail than they sell for. If they had just sent you paypal instead of an auto, you could have bought 2 or 3 David Hernandez autos with what they spent on shipping.

Plano26

Jun 13, 2010
Lost in the Desert
No, I wasn't expecting a Stras; just not an O's fan so had no idea if the player is any good etc. Thanks for the comments. Have a good one

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
At least you got something. I'm still waiting on a 2009 T206 Auto I redeemed last November! Online says it shipped in May. Still have nothing.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The redemption system for the most part is just a big disappointment. YOu wait and wait and wait and then they tell you they can't back up the promise they made to you when they packed out redemption cards, and they send you an auto of a different player...one you didn't ask for.

If I had to guess, I'd say 90% of people who get a replacement from Topps are disappointed, because a lot of times the reason they redeemed the card is because they actually wanted it. Go figure.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Topps told me they are having a hard time fulfilling my Dayan Viciedo Finest rookie redemption. I might ask for a replacement.

The last time I did that, was for my 2008 sterling Jesus Montero jersey/auto they took forever to send, they send me a base Carlos Santana auto as a replacement. Then about four weeks later I got the Montero card anyway. Made out pretty good.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
no, you know what cost topps money...is having to go back to the printer and actually make these cards! It
cost much less to say the player didn't sign and send out replacments! After all, for everyone one person
who *******, 40 will go, oh well.

Kevin

Members online