Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anyone help with the SMR of a card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
If anyone could help me with the SMR on one card, I'd really appreciate it. I'm looking for the SMR on a 1913 National Game Connie Mack PSA 9. Any help is greatly appreciated.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
darrend505 said:
There are several members on this board that deal in vitage, but there are far more on http://www.net54baseball.com You have to apply to join but its a great site for vintage!

I know of net54. I appreciate the advice though. I'm not a member there but I am a member of CU(psa's website). I'm pretty sure they frown upon asking for something that someone has to pay for though :). I figured maybe someone here might not mind giving me the smr on this one particular card. Thanks,

Ryan

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
The $300 guess (above) is going to be close IMO. But these cards often dont bring whats expected.

I cant tell you Exactly what the value in PSA-9 is, but I can shed light on the card.

Ungraded and with no flaws (NRMT+) the Mack usually sells in the $75-$125 range

The game cards of both sets, WG5 National Game and WG6 Tom Barker Game, were originally issued in a boxed set and are often found this way now (box looks like a box of playing cards). They have diecut rounded corners the exact same size as a playing card (the reprints will have a diecut cut much larger). because of the fact that many are found in their original boxes and the rounded corners resist wear, a very high % are going to be PSA-5 or above with many in the PSA-8+ range. Ive owned about 200 of them over the years including a handful of the Macks.
Keep in mind, when buying and selling these game cards, Of all Pre1930 cards these 2 sets are found in the highest grade on average.
The WG5's are slightly more common that the WG6's, and both are considered common for the Era.

Here are some clues
Nov 17th on eBay....a WG5 Mack in PSA-8 DIDN'T sell with a $149 starting bid, and on Nov 16 a SGC-84 sold for $99 (1 bid)

There is a WG6 Mack in a 9 grade (SGC-96) on eBay right now, ends in 3 days, what it sells for it what the WG5 PSA-9 will be roughly worth.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1913-TOM-BARKER-GAME-CONNIE-MACK-SGC-96-9-/190467462553

1913wg5speakerpsa6.jpg

example pic of a 1913 WG5

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
You've all been thanked. I bought a Mack 9 today in a lot. I saw the sgc 7 sell for 99 and was curious how much of a premium a 9 would sell for over the 7. I figured it wasn't much since it looks like a playing card but I have to assume it is worth more then 99 bucks. Thank you guys again!

Members online

Latest posts