Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Steven Stamkos now in Crosby's and Ovechkin's class?

Is Stamkos now in the same class as Crosby and Ovechkin?

• Yes, Stamkos is definitely in the same class as Sid and Alex.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Can we officially say that Stamkos in now in the same "class" as Ovechkin and Crosby? For the past few years, everyone knows that Crosby and Ovechkin have been in a class of their own. Basically Crosby and Ovechkin have been considered the two best players in the world and then everyone else is below them. Malkin was briefly in the Crosby/Ovechkin class a couple years back, but has since fallen out as one of the very best in the world, imo.

So what do you guys think, is Stamkos in the same class as Crosby and Ovechkin?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I voted for Not quite, but if he wins another Richard or the Art Ross he will be.

I think if he gets 50 goals in 50 games which it looks like he will he will be in their class.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
I think if he gets 50 goals in 50 games which it looks like he will he will be in their class.

If he does do that, that will truly be an amazing feat for today's NHL.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Someone mentioned earlier that he is only 20 years old (21 in February) and already has 90 goals. Well 91 now. That's just sick. I think he's gotta do it a little while longer, but he's definately on track.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
If he finishes this season on par in goals and points, having lost Vinny and playing on a weak team in comparison....yes.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Could you imagine if Stamkos was playing in Toronto, Montreal, New York, Boston, Detroit Etc. ? He would be so popular and his cards would be sky high in price.

I remember i attended a show the week his SPA RC came out and the dealers were selling his SPA auto RC for $80-$100. Wish i would have bought one back then, lol. Actually Stamkos SP Authentic auto RCs actually dipped down to around $50 in the summer of 2009.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Don't laugh at me

I go to every lightning home game and watch every away game and I think Stamkos is just as good if not BETTER than both of them.

Best slapshot in the league IMO and he is 20 years old. Ridiculous.

AK11

May 24, 2010
I bought his SPA AU RC in BGS 9.5 only 1 month after release for around $75. It has 4 9.5 subgrades and I love the serial number being 910/999 since it's like his jersey number but with an extra zero. It is turning out to be one of the best investments I have. I picked option B given he finishes the year strong, he will then be in the same class as Sid and Ovechkin.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Junior Griffey said:
And St. Louis has 5 assists. What's the record for assists in a game?

Most assists, one game: Billy Taylor (March 16, 1947), Wayne Gretzky (three occasions: February 15, 1980; December 11, 1985; February 14, 1986), all tied with 7.

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
I believe skill wise he's in their league, but I'm not sure about his leadership qualities. Crosby and Ovechkin both command their teams both on and off the ice, they stick up for their teammates and take the heat when the teams aren't doing well. I'm not all that familiar with Stamkos to be honest, so this isn't a slam in any way, but that's one area he might need to work up to.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Not yet in Sid's class, he is in a class by himself. He has the ring and other hardware. For sure in Ovechkin class. Playoffs is where legends are made. Until Steamer and Ovy get it done post season. They aren't in the Crosby class.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
cfind said:
I believe skill wise he's in their league, but I'm not sure about his leadership qualities. Crosby and Ovechkin both command their teams both on and off the ice, they stick up for their teammates and take the heat when the teams aren't doing well. I'm not all that familiar with Stamkos to be honest, so this isn't a slam in any way, but that's one area he might need to work up to.

stamkos is on the same team as vinny lecavalier and marty st. louis. he doesnt have to be the leader he just needs to put up the numbers

Members online

Latest posts