Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did that really just happen? Checkoutmycards - OUCH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I had a Jarret Parker elite auto among about 10 other cards in my shopping cart as I was still shopping. Was about to get a STEAL. $7.95. Saw my cart total jump so I checked it out.

The seller bumped it to $50 as it was in my cart ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

OUCH

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jeff_bichel said:
Maybe shipping got you?

No, the card was priced at $7.95. The seller must have gone into the system and changed their price as I had it in my cart. Jumped from $7.95 to $50.00....

Damn, should have bought it right away.

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I am still happy with a few good deals

Drew Vettleson Elite auto /50 - $9.95
Tyler Skaggs Elite auto /50 - $11.00
David Holmberg elite auto /50 - $4.95
Chris Sales Elite auto /655 - $9.95 (selling for $20)
among about 6 other cards that I am happy with.

Damn, that Jarrett Parker would have really made the purchase a steal though.

skrip

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah, that's real weak...

I was about to make an offer there yesterday, then saw that you have to fund your account to the amount you want to offer. But if your offer is rejected and want your money back, they charge a 20% fee for returning your money to you?! That's as nuts as someone changing the price while its in your cart.

Super32

Aug 8, 2008
Your bolded is untrue. Straight off their website

Store credit is a straight 1:1 exchange. You purchase $10 in store credit, you get $10 in store credit. Unused store credit can be refunded from the Cash-Out Store Credit page without paying the 20% cashout fee if the refund request is placed within 30 days of purchasing the store credit.

uniquebaseballcards said:

I was about to make an offer there yesterday, then saw that you have to fund your account to the amount you want to offer. But if your offer is rejected and want your money back, they charge a 20% fee for returning your money to you?! That's as nuts as someone changing the price while its in your cart.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Just picked up the 2 Jameson Taillon Auto's for $14.95 each. Site was really slow for me, I was waiting for someone to get them ahead of me.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I had something similar happen with another card for me the other day. It jumped from $8 to $20, but not as I was getting ready to purchase it. Happened the day of though...

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
It looks like you'd really need to dig through the FAQs to find out that information but even then, one would need to make a withdrawal before 30 days to not get hit with the fees. The only information one sees when viewing their account when starting is:

Select the amout of cash you would like: $0.00

$0.00 Store Credit
- $1.00 Small Cash-Out Fee
- $0.00 20% Cash-Out Fee
$0.00 PayPal Deposit

Allow 4 days for the payment to appear.
Call us if you need it sooner than this.

Super32 said:

Store credit is a straight 1:1 exchange. You purchase $10 in store credit, you get $10 in store credit. Unused store credit can be refunded from the Cash-Out Store Credit page without paying the 20% cashout fee if the refund request is placed within 30 days of purchasing the store credit.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
What I'm sure happened is that somebody bought it and flipped it for a higher amount. The original seller probably didn't raise the price. Not sure why COMC doesn't have some checks in place to make sure that the card is removed from your cart if it gets sold and flipped. I've learned that if you see a card for a great price, just buy it immediately.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
It looks like you'd really need to dig through the FAQs to find out that information but even then, one would need to make a withdrawal before 30 days to not get hit with the fees.
. The only information one sees when viewing their account when starting is:

Select the amout of cash you would like: $0.00

$0.00 Store Credit
- $1.00 Small Cash-Out Fee
- $0.00 20% Cash-Out Fee
$0.00 PayPal Deposit

Allow 4 days for the payment to appear.
Call us if you need it sooner than this.

Super32 said:

You could get your money back if you notify them within a week's time i believe. I'd rather have the fee when transferring money out than attached to cards purchased, so you could just avoid the fee by having the items sent to you. The 50 cards for $15 shipped is better than ebay. I believe the seller is a member on here.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
I had a Jarret Parker elite auto among about 10 other cards in my shopping cart as I was still shopping. Was about to get a STEAL. $7.95. Saw my cart total jump so I checked it out.

The seller bumped it to $50 as it was in my cart ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

OUCH

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

skrip

that was me who bought the card before you... sorry :D I also picked up a Brandon Belt aspirations auto for $19.95 and the serial # is 13/100, which is Belt's College jersey #. Maybe I can get a premium on that one there.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Well, I feel much better knowing that someone on the boards got the deal.

I though the seller had hopped on and upped his price.

It does make me wonder why they allow an item to be sold if it is in a shopping cart of another buyer. I would think it would be or should be temporarily unavailable, or pending. Even if it is for 15 minutes or something along those lines.

Skrip

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
They included a coupon for $100 in seller's fees credit with my last shipment of cards that I had bought. I almost threw it away, and sent some stuff in the day before it expired. 200 cards listed for free. I have been pleasantly surprised with the results so far. I sent in some nice stuff, mainly junk inserts and autos, and I have turned them into 7 or 8 Heritage black refractors. My net sales from 40 cards sold (out of the original 200) that sat in my trade bucket for years and nobody wanted - $108.18. These weren't cards that I figured would ever sell, I only listed them because it was free, so like I said, pleasantly surprised.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

for someone like you that seems to collect the rarity of cards (1/1 topps, etc) checkoutmycards is not for you....

but however COMC is an THE BEST site out there for player collectors...and maybe team collectors...but def. player collectors, i cannot stress that enough.

i have bought over 50 PC cards and i will continue to buy more to save on shipping...and they charge me nothing to keep them there...

i have spent about $20 on between 40-50 #'d cards of my PC guys that would normally cost me $150 or so with shipping on ebay. in the end, with shipping, to receive my cards from COMC...i will spend about $50...

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Funny this thread is here, because I just had a crazy situation happen to me on there.

I had sent 2 different offers to a seller for his card. After he rejected the 2nd offer, I decided I would buy the card for full price. I had already paid for $90 in store credit this morning just to make the offer. As I go to place the card in my cart to buy it,.....the card sold.

That card had sat there for a couple weeks and had even been discounted $30 with no bites. Then today when I decide to buy it, the card sells right when I try to buy it.

How crazy is that???

Members online