Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Exquisite Lets see them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sschauer

Aug 7, 2008
Covington, KY
I'm trying to get the checklist together and am close if you have 1 or 2 or more let me now please post the card number scans would be nice because they are very cool and very limited.

2010%20Upper%20Deck%20Exquisite%2072%20%20to%2075.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've been trying to compile a checklist for about 8 months now. I missed when they were first released, but I'm up to 83 base cards. If there are any I'm missing, please post:
Baines, Harold
Beckham, Gordon
Bench, Johnny
Braun, Ryan
Cabrera, Miguel
Canseco, Jose
Carew, Rod
Carlton, Steve
Carpenter, Chris
Chamberlain, Joba
Concepcion, Dave
Clemente, Roberto
Crawford, Carl
DiMaggio, Joe
Eckersley, Dennis
Feller, Bob
Fielder, Prince
Fisk, Carlton
Gibson, Bob
Gibson, Kirk
Gonzalez, Adrian
Greinke, Zach
Halladay, Roy
Hamels, Cole
Hamilton, Josh
Haren, Dan
Helton, Todd
Hernandez, Felix
Holliday, Matt
Howard, Ryan
Hunter, Torii
Jackson, Bo
Jeter, Derek
Johnson, Howard
Jones, Chipper
Kemp, Matt
Kershaw, Clayton
Kinsler, Ian
Lee, Derrek
Lincecum, Tim
Loney, James
Longoria, Evan
Maddux, Greg
Maris, Roger
Matsui, Hideki
Matsuzaka, Daisuke
Mattingly, Don
Mauer, Joe
Molina, Yadier
Morneau, Justin
Ortiz, David
Papelbon, Jonathan
Pedroia, Dustin
Perez, Tony
Price, David
Pujols, Albert
Ramirez, Manny
Randolph, Willie
Reyes, Jose
Robinson, Brooks
Rodriguez, Alex
Rose, Pete (72 Reds)
Rose, Pete (93 Phils)
Ryan, Nolan
Sandoval, Pablo
Santana, Johan
Santo, Ron
Sizemore, Grady
Soriano, Alfonso
Stargell, Willie
Suzuki, Ichiro
Teixeira, Mark
Torre, Joe
Trammell, Alan
Tulowitzki, Troy
Uehara, Koji
Upton, Justin
Utley, Chase
Wainwright, Adam
Wieters, Matt
Williams, Ted
Yount, Robin
Zimmerman, Ryan

Haven't bothered with card numbers as they are rarely listed in auctions, anyway.

Also, the patch cards:
#/50
Beltran, Carlos
Braun, Ryan
Fielder, Prince
Gibson, Kirk
Greinke, Zack
Griffey Jr, Ken
Jones, Chipper
Kinsler, Ian
Lincecum, Tim
Loney, James
Longoria, Evan
Maddux, Greg
Mattingly, Don
Pujols, Albert
Rivera, Mariano
Suzuki, Ichiro
Tulowitzki, Troy

Duals #/35
Beckett/Cabrera
Beltran/Reyes
Billingsley/Kershaw
Braun/Fielder
Canseco/Eckersley
Matsuzaka/****
Pujols/Ripken
Rose/Schmidt
Ripken/Robinson B
Sandberg/Santo
Smith/Smith

Triples #/25
Cooper/Molitor/Yount
Crawford/Hamilton/Sizemore
Lee/Sandberg/Santo
Musial/Pujols/Smith
Matsui/Matsuzaka/Suzuki

Fourples #/15
Boggs/Jeter/Mattingly/Rodriguez
Carpenter/Ludwick/Molina/Pujols
Crawford/Longoria/Rollins/Utley
Beckett/Fisk/Martinez/Ortiz
Fielder/Griffey/Hamilton/Pujols
Jones/Longoria/Rodriguez/Zimmerman
Jeter/Ramirez/Reyes/Smith
Helton/Holliday/Ortiz/Ramirez

sschauer

Aug 7, 2008
Covington, KY
I went and reworked the checklist it stands to figure that if a player has a patch he has a base card this seems true except that will get me to 102 cards so I assuming 2 cards got the axe. They also seem to have done the checklist by team relative to their standing of 09 but again they are off in some regard I think just slightly poor planing on UD side. AL finish NY, Bos, Tampa, Toro, Baltimo which matches 5 teams exactly they seem to have gone off plan after that but seems close they run AL division then NL division and back again. Really need the base cards numbers verified.

To explain revised checklist if base card number is black that card number is verified, green is unknown.
The players next to the numbers are verified i.e. Jeter is #1, #2 is unknown
The players to the far right in black are verified in the set but number is unknown i.e. Mark Texeria is in the set as a Yankee but number is unknown
The players to the far right in Red are educated guesses based on inclusion in the patch sets but are unknown.

again any verification of card numbers are appreciated.

http://4192cards.com/rose/temp/2010 exquisite baseball revised.pdf

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
I had a Wieters but sold it to "meawickedmon" back in July for $130. The auction is too old to view for the card number, but you might want to try contacting them as I think they were trying to put the set together. They might be able to help with the checklist.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
allstarauction said:
I had a Wieters but sold it to "meawickedmon" back in July for $130. The auction is too old to view for the card number, but you might want to try contacting them as I think they were trying to put the set together. They might be able to help with the checklist.

Mike was putting the set together. He has alot of them in his collection and could help you out.

sschauer

Aug 7, 2008
Covington, KY
robertwolf1 said:
Were they inserts or what?

After a three-year layoff, Upper Deck brought back Exquisite Baseball for 2010. Unlike the 2006 or 2007 set, 2010 Exquisite was not distributed as a stand-alone product. Rather, the set would be randomly inserted into packs of all 2010 Upper Deck Baseball products. The first 100 cards of the base set were randomly inserted into packs of 2010 Upper Deck Series One as case hits. Each base card is serial-numbered to 75 copies. On March 3, 2010, as part of a settlement with Major League Baseball Properties, Upper Deck agreed not to release any baseball card products already in the pipeline -- to include SPx, SP Authentic, First Edition, and Goudey. The first wave of Exquisite patch cards were to have been included in 2010 SPx, and the first autographs were to have been seeded into packs of 2010 SP Authentic. However, some Exquisite patch cards have been seen for sale on eBay.

My best guess based on odds of 2 jersey cards per box. 350 Sheffield bats, 100x25 patches, 100x500 jerseys the 500 is a complete guess they are not numbered but by past jersey cards think that would be close. All that comes out to 52,850 jersey cards at 2 per box means 26,425 boxes made, a case was 20, so 1321 and change cases were made. If the patch cards were inserted in series 1 then there are at least 150 cards making perfect collation about 8-9 cards possible. Which to me seems high as only about 3-4 have been seen of most base and the patch cards are running about the 1-2 range.

Has anyone actually pulled a patch card from series one or gotten one as a replacement to redemptions?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's interesting that they listed the Zimmerman patch as 2009 Signature Stars. I never saw it because I search for 2010 Exq*. I wonder if they pulled it from there or they just didn't know where it came from.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
sschauer said:
robertwolf1 said:
Were they inserts or what?

After a three-year layoff, Upper Deck brought back Exquisite Baseball for 2010. Unlike the 2006 or 2007 set, 2010 Exquisite was not distributed as a stand-alone product. Rather, the set would be randomly inserted into packs of all 2010 Upper Deck Baseball products. The first 100 cards of the base set were randomly inserted into packs of 2010 Upper Deck Series One as case hits. Each base card is serial-numbered to 75 copies. On March 3, 2010, as part of a settlement with Major League Baseball Properties, Upper Deck agreed not to release any baseball card products already in the pipeline -- to include SPx, SP Authentic, First Edition, and Goudey. The first wave of Exquisite patch cards were to have been included in 2010 SPx, and the first autographs were to have been seeded into packs of 2010 SP Authentic. However, some Exquisite patch cards have been seen for sale on eBay.

My best guess based on odds of 2 jersey cards per box. 350 Sheffield bats, 100x25 patches, 100x500 jerseys the 500 is a complete guess they are not numbered but by past jersey cards think that would be close. All that comes out to 52,850 jersey cards at 2 per box means 26,425 boxes made, a case was 20, so 1321 and change cases were made. If the patch cards were inserted in series 1 then there are at least 150 cards making perfect collation about 8-9 cards possible. Which to me seems high as only about 3-4 have been seen of most base and the patch cards are running about the 1-2 range.

Has anyone actually pulled a patch card from series one or gotten one as a replacement to redemptions?
I watched a guy at the LCS pull a Canseco Patch out of a box.My old man pulled a Lincecum base card in a box.
Mike

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
Here is the other card. It was rejected by PSA as they said it was recolored. Gotta hate those 2010 recolored cards. I will submit it again next month.

pperDeckExquisiteCollectionSantoSandbergComboPatch.jpg

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Unlike the 2006 or 2007 set, 2010 Exquisite was not distributed as a stand-alone product.

2006 was a 100% redemption set. Also, according to UD (via my FB inquiry) ALL 2006 product was sent out into the world.

2007 was "Exquisite Rookie Signatures"

2010 was the same as 2006, just the cards were in the packs instead of all redemption.
1 per case in UD 1....my box did not yield an exquisite

Members online

Latest posts