Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I can't believe how high Vick Sp Authentic rooks are again!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Re: I can't beleive how high Vick Sp Authentic rooks are again!!

It can be really painful when you jump on the bandwagon and land on your wallet.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
He is doing great this season and the Eagles when picking him up, didn't wanna keep for one season. I see why his rookies are gaining the prices back also and I'm sure some people are making a killing right now. I know people who tore up his sp authentic rookies and other high end stuff. Plus this past Monday night helped make people even more money. Plus setting a few NFL records didn't hurt either. Glad to see this happen for him honestly, he made a mistake and paid dearly for it. Lost well over a hundred million dollars and is now proving a lot to a lot of people. I hope he takes us to the super bowl and wins.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
From the auction...

"THE BOTTOM HAS A PEN MARK FROM VICK WHEN HE SIGNED IT. SELL IT FOR MY SON. THANKS KIM"

Is this "pen mark" the seller talking about the autograph? :lol:

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
A lot of people always say "Oh, I was gonna buy..." when something rebounds like this - I was truly going to buy one, with no intentions to flip down the road or anything; I just wanted the card. Unfortunately, I never did, and will probably never be able to afford one again.

Oh well, I'm glad to see him doing well, and, on the surface, at least, making the strides to turn his personal life around.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Should I sell this now? Absolute 1/1

IMG_0004-6.jpg

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I've never been a Vick fan and after the whole dogfighting thing, I liked him even less. I never thought he was a good QB. This year, he's doing very well though. As much as I don't like the guy, I still have to give him credit for the numbers he's putting up.

I'm not completely surprised at his cards rising. He had a pretty solid following before he got in trouble and I am sure some people are willing to overlook all of that because of how well he's playing.

If you were one of the ones who bought these low and are selling high, congrats. If you're looking to buy one, I certainly would not.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
At the end of the day he will be about as popular as Randal Cunningham cards and Warren Moon.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I never liked him before the dogfighting thing, I still don't care for him now. I can see why his stuff is going crazy. As much as I would have liked to have foreseen this happening so I could have made some coin, I can't imagine too many others did as well.

michelrivolta

Nov 18, 2010
Texas
In the way the NFL has been so far, I mean so inconsistency, no dominant teams around, I think eagles has a pretty good chance to make the playoffs and even the Superbowl. I can't imagine how high Vicks' could reach if he can make it all the way through.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
michelrivolta said:
In the way the NFL has been so far, I mean so inconsistency, no dominant teams around, I think eagles has a pretty good chance to make the playoffs and even the Superbowl. I can't imagine how high Vicks' could reach if he can make it all the way through.

You, my friend, have an awesome signature. Perfectly sized. Stuffed full of content. Gorgeous. Welcome!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Considering how all of the stations are crowning him MVP while reminding people that he is only 30 I can see these prices.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Slette said:
A lot of people always say "Oh, I was gonna buy..." when something rebounds like this - I was truly going to buy one, with no intentions to flip down the road or anything; I just wanted the card. Unfortunately, I never did, and will probably never be able to afford one again.

Oh well, I'm glad to see him doing well, and, on the surface, at least, making the strides to turn his personal life around.

I'm with you man I just never got around to doing it (I of course would have flipped it) I did have some nice vick stuff when the bad crap happened and I just dumped it for next to nothing.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I have one I bought for $175 when he was in jail. I bought it because, like him or not, it's an iconic card in the hobby

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Slette said:

I am one of those people. But I never believed Vick was a good QB and that the inactivity would hurt him. Was I wrong. He is doing pretty well but I think anyone buying at these prices is a *******.

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
I own one of the 2 colors that's up right now w/BO BIN, the best valid offer in the 48hrs it's been up is 777$ I had another offer for 950 that got retracted soon after it was placed. There's a 3 color that's knocking at 1K & should do well for the seller. I was happy (very happy) to see the single color draw +800 in a regular auction.

Members online

Latest posts