Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What plates were released in 2006 Ultimate Collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
In 2006 Ultimate Collection, each box contained a "bonus pack" with one of the following: "One-of-One plate card, numbered Legendary Materials Card, or Autographed Ken Griffey Jr. RC Buyback". A bunch of those printing plates were from previous products, such as 2006 Artifacts and 2006 Flair Showcase. Does anyone have a list of all the products from which those plates came?

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
I don't recall all of them but base and insert plates of 2006 artifacts, 2006 sp legendary cuts, 2006 showcase, 2006 ovation and 2006 ud epic. Hope this helps.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
ccolwell said:
I don't recall all of them but base and insert plates of 2006 artifacts, 2006 sp legendary cuts, 2006 showcase, 2006 ovation and 2006 ud epic. Hope this helps.

Thanks! Didn't the Epic plates come from a redemption, though? I thought that the first four people to send in the complete base set each got a set of plates in one color.

Definitely from Ultimate:
SP Legendary Cuts
Flair Showcase
Ovation
Artifacts

Maybes:
Fleer Tradition
SPx
Future Stars

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, Epic's hook was a promotion to give away a set of plates (the whole color, not a player) to the first three people to send in a complete set, and then randomly send out single plates, IIRC.

I don't think a list of plates was ever released, if in fact they ever compiled one. I do remember several people saying that Ultimate had plates for cards that didn't exist. I know I saw a Sizemore plate for an Inkredible autograph set that never existed. Wish I had bought it.

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
LWMM said:
ccolwell said:

Thanks! Didn't the Epic plates come from a redemption, though? I thought that the first four people to send in the complete base set each got a set of plates in one color.

Definitely from Ultimate:
SP Legendary Cuts
Flair Showcase
Ovation
Artifacts

Maybes:
Fleer Tradition
SPx
Future Stars

I think the redemption was for the base card printing plates. I think you can get the Epic Events insert Printing plates.

Members online

Latest posts