Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone yearning for Spring Training 2011 yet???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I love football. Ray Lewis Makes my sundays great. Ravens are playing well.

But i Can not wait for the 2011 season. Already planning a follow up trip to Jupiter to see Mac.

Here is what iam looking forward to....

Is anyone else drooling for Major League Baseball??

march15th2010010.jpg

march15th2010011.jpg

march15th2010012.jpg

march15th2010022.jpg

march-18-010024.jpg

march-18-010025.jpg

march-18-010026.jpg

march-18-010028.jpg

march-18-010031.jpg

march-18-010032.jpg

March14th2010001.jpg

march-18-010023.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining032.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining036.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining038.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining054.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining055.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining057.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining059.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining060.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining062.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining027.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining028.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining012.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining013.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining014.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining049.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining050.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining051.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining052.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining063.jpg

McGwireSpringTraining064.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am just waiting for baseball in general. Yeah football is great and all, but I don't like it nearly as much as I do baseball. I am waiting for Gopher season to get here... it starts in late February with the Alumni game. I have so much baseball planned this year...

I doubt I will be playing though. It was fun to be on the team last year, but I think I am one and done. I might try to see if I can go to practices and help out, but I highly doubt I will put the jersey on this year.

Let's see... I got planned:

-SMSU vs. St. Cloud (at SMSU, my dad works there, and there is a Cap Cod guy that is at St. Cloud, so I am going over to do some school and then go to the game and go home afterwords)

-Stingers (buying the ten game plan this year)

-Gophers (I already have down Senior Day, and part of the DQ classic, if not the Alumni game at the beginning of the season)

-Twins (I am looking at 1-2 games this year)

-Saints

-Lunkers (3-4)

-If team USA comes back through, I will go there

-local baseball. I am going to go to a few high school games this year.

-Usually every year, my dad and I go somewhere for a couple games. Hopefully this year, we can go down to Iowa and catch some minor league action.

-We might go to Seattle or Chicago (longshot on both, but there is some talk) so hopefully we can catch a game or two if we go.

Not to mention things like TwinsFest and card shows. This is probably going to be my last (decent) summer at home (the summer after my senior year will be chaotic) so I plan to get to as many games as possible.

I will also be attending the Marshall stop at the Twins Caravan... and spending part of my summer watching the VFW and Legion teams.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I can wait for spring training - I have lots of Liga Mexicano Pacifico baseball games to watch, a game or two a week from Puerto Rico and the Dominican to watch, and even a Venezuelan game I saw a moment of the other night that was nice because it was free from the rants of a madman!

LMP is interesting in that some players you thought were retired aren't retired. I suppose baseball players don't go out to pasture, they go to the LMP. ;)

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
local team low "A" so we don't know who we will get but most #1 draft picks from all in league show up here .

tropicaltwinsfan

Aug 11, 2010
Minnesota
I am counting the days. Spring Training is my favorite time of year here. I'm also looking forward to the Marlins fan fest, and possibly making a trip to MN for Twins fan fest.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Cant wait for Spring Training. I might actually go down to the Jays camp this year for about a week. Im not into football and basketball. I love playing hokey but I dont really enjoy watching it so, this time of yearnis just boring for me. I will be going to some games in Colombia in December though so that should be cool.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I've already started sorting cards to send to ST sites and writing my TTM requests, so yes, I'm definitely awaiting the start of ST.
DANNY

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I can't wait for baseball again! Been wanting to do a ST trip for a long time and spend a week in FL or AZ watching baseball and golfing non stop. Probably not gonna happen this year but maybe the next.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
tramers said:
local team low "A" so we don't know who we will get but most #1 draft picks from all in league show up here .

You'll get to see them before I will. With Myrtle Beach becoming a Texas affiliate, I'll get to see some of the Rangers players when Myrtle Beach visits Salem.
DANNY

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I actually just planned my Spring Break trip this last week and am heading down to Florida to catch some Twins Spring Training, so I definitely can't wait! Going to be really pricey but I am going to make the best of it. Anybody ever been to Twins ST before?

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
I'm planning to go to Padres ST this year. It's so close but I've never been so I'm really excited.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
tropicaltwinsfan said:
I am counting the days. Spring Training is my favorite time of year here. I'm also looking forward to the Marlins fan fest, and possibly making a trip to MN for Twins fan fest.

Always nice to hear of FCBers hitting up TwinsFest. I will for sure be there!

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
kentuckyderby said:
padremurph said:
I'm planning to go to Padres ST this year. It's so close but I've never been so I'm really excited.

facility 5 minutes from house
you can sleep in one of spare rooms if you promise not to sleep with my wife

Haha, nice. I'll be going with my dad but as it gets closer I'll definitely pick your brain on hotels and restaurants and all that good stuff. I know the Mariners share the facility but are there other teams pretty close?

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
padremurph said:
kentuckyderby said:
padremurph said:

facility 5 minutes from house
you can sleep in one of spare rooms if you promise not to sleep with my wife

Haha, nice. I'll be going with my dad but as it gets closer I'll definitely pick your brain on hotels and restaurants and all that good stuff. I know the Mariners share the facility but are there other teams pretty close?

white sox/dodgers not too far away (10 minute drive)

tropicaltwinsfan

Aug 11, 2010
Minnesota
TGutta said:
I actually just planned my Spring Break trip this last week and am heading down to Florida to catch some Twins Spring Training, so I definitely can't wait! Going to be really pricey but I am going to make the best of it. Anybody ever been to Twins ST before?

I usually wait to catch the Twins games on the East Coast, but last year when my mom was down visiting we went over to Ft. Myers to a game. Actually, the game we had tickets to was rained out, and the next day's game was sold out, but the guy in the shop there told us that if we came game day very early and got in line, we would probably get some as the players turned in their unused tickets. We got tickets, but didn't get them until pretty much gametime.

Its a nice staduim. Be sure to get your tickets early if there's a game with Boston during your visit.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
My favorite time of year. One of the perks of living in Sarasota. I will catching a good mixture of Orioles and Pirates games this year

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Anybody ever been to Twins ST before?

Top 3 favorite places in the Grapefruit League. You should also tryout the new renovated Orioles stadium in Sarasota. Heard they really made it autograph friendly around the complex.

I will be in Arizona from the 13th to the 19th with Oakland complex being my homebase. Plan on spending a ton of time at the new Rockies/D-backs complex.

Giants and Rangers are an avoid this year.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
tropicaltwinsfan said:
TGutta said:

I usually wait to catch the Twins games on the East Coast, but last year when my mom was down visiting we went over to Ft. Myers to a game. Actually, the game we had tickets to was rained out, and the next day's game was sold out, but the guy in the shop there told us that if we came game day very early and got in line, we would probably get some as the players turned in their unused tickets. We got tickets, but didn't get them until pretty much gametime.

Its a nice staduim. Be sure to get your tickets early if there's a game with Boston during your visit.

Thanks! I'm a partial season ticket holder so I will most likely try and buy the tickets if there is a pre-sale for them. Just trying to find out if there are any regular attendees so I can find out good times to get there for autos/practice and whatnot.

Members online

Latest posts