Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

US postal system (read on for a good laugh)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I posted this in the morning thread, but feel it deserves its own thread to provide people with a nice morning laugh.

I sent a $300 card via certified mail with tracking # and signature confirmation. When I went to check on the status, this is what I get:

------
Your item arrived at 7:45 am on November 20, 2010 in MILLINOCKET, ME 04462. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Friday, November 19, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later
-----

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Well Ty it did cross the international date line, since it traveled from Japan to the eastern part of the USA
So it went from the The Eastern Hemisphere and ended up in the eastern part of the USA tripping from the region of the Date line
:lol: Just saying
international_dateline.gif

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Actually, it went from NJ to Maine. lol My dad shipped it from the US.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I don't get it either. I recently tried to purchase sig *and* delivery confirmation and the clerk told me I couldn't do both for a first class parcel...so I just purchased sig confirmation.

The USPS site FAQs for Sig Confirmation claim "It does not provide Tracking or Tracing of mail items"

So whatever I guess.

Members online

Latest posts