Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NEED ADVICE: Worth selling huge lot of Bowman 1st yr & rcs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MK1989

May 17, 2010
Hi I would greatly appreciate some advice on whether or not it is worth selling massive lots of Bowman 1st Yr chrome and non chrome rcs as well as "green" chrome rcs and rcs. I would estimate I have over 5000 total 1st yr and green rcs with chromes, non chromes, non chrome golds from 2007-2010. Is it best to sell in 1 enormous lot or split up? Basically I am looking for anyone's advice on whether it's worth sorting through all these cards. Thanks, Mike

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
MK1989 said:
Hi I would greatly appreciate some advice on whether or not it is worth selling massive lots of Bowman 1st Yr chrome and non chrome rcs as well as "green" chrome rcs and rcs. I would estimate I have over 5000 total 1st yr and green rcs with chromes, non chromes, non chrome golds from 2007-2010. Is it best to sell in 1 enormous lot or split up? Basically I am looking for anyone's advice on whether it's worth sorting through all these cards. Thanks, Mike
Well thats a tough question. Part of it depends on whos in the lot. If it has chrome fys of guys like Jay Bruce Jason Heyward and others mixed in or its been picked through and just scrubs. Then its tough to get denect $ for them. One problem is shipping on large lots. Its not cheap to ship 5000 cards. You could try listing year by year or 100 card lots for indv. years. Edit saw ypu had 2007 on - i know Bruce was in 05 but its just an example. I am only so up on the newest prospects.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
yes, it can be worth it, but don't overhype the lot- ex., don't keyword spam w/say lincecum/heyward/(insert top hyped prospect) or "high $$$$ lot" in the title if the lot has 0 cards of these guys (or say just has 2010 bowman non-rcs of the guys).

represent it accurately-

how much of the lot are prospects
how much of the lot are green rcs (which don't sell for much alone)
how much are vets (which don't sell for much)
what are some of the big names
is the lot mostly 30yo prospects who will never make it? has it been cherrypicked? if there are big names, about how many of each big name is in there?
is it sorted or unsorted?

s/h can kill you, so it may not make you a ton of $$$ or any $ after paypal/ebay fees + your time.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
If you have some time on your hands, you should sell on sportlots. I made a ton on my chrome singles even the green RC's in the past year. Well worth your time...even though it can be a pain in the butt shipping wise.

Members online

Latest posts