Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hoffpauir Super - Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Hey guys, been on here a while, but this is my first post. The 2008 Bowman Hoffpauir Super ended last night. I thought about putting in a bid, but ultimately didn't bc this would have been the most I've ever spent on a single card.

[ebay:32jwtiiu]270328770563[/ebay:32jwtiiu]

So....did I miss the boat on this one? Did it go too high? Too low?

What are your thoughts on Hoffpauir's upside/downside?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
cgilmo said:
blanning71 said:
I have no clue as to who the guy is, but 187 for a green super seems a tad high.

some green supers are also 1st year cards

Like I said, I don't know anything about him and don't know what he has had in the past. I could understand a Lincecum green super going for a ton of money but I didn't know what this guy has/had as far as Chrome goes.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I was going to bid, but I passed for several reasons. One I'm trying to save money. Two it may be his first Chrome, but RC chromes are not as eye appealing. Lastly, Hoffpauir has like a million RC autos this year. I know chrome is king, but it kind of turnoff for me. All that beening said I really like Hoffpauir.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
That's the weird thing about Hoff. I don't know if he just wasn't on Bowman's radar or what, but he has no other BC cards. In fact, before 2008 all I can find is a few fugly 2006 justifiable. So, I could be wrong, but I don't think he had any cards in 2007, which just seems weird when you consider all the scrubs that make it into Bowman, BC, and BCDP&P every year.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
chashawk said:
That's the weird thing about Hoff. I don't know if he just wasn't on Bowman's radar or what, but he has no other BC cards. In fact, before 2008 all I can find is a few fugly 2006 justifiable. So, I could be wrong, but I don't think he had any cards in 2007, which just seems weird when you consider all the scrubs that make it into Bowman, BC, and BCDP&P every year.

blame this guy
f424_1.jpg

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not a superfractor expert, but it seems a bit high to me. I realize that FY supers are highly coveted, but as a previous poster stated he has a other cards to choose from. For example, would you rather have the super for $190 dlvd or the equivalent of a base auto, blue refractor auto, and gold refractor auto for about $35 dlvd? That's what I paid for these (on-card):

MHoff2.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Point taken, but you gotta compare apples to apples. Stadium club doesn't touch a BC auto if he had one. Hopefully he will be in 2009 Finest with refractors, et al.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
It's been interesting to read all the opinions on this thread. I thought the price was a little low when I clicked on the auction, but then I read all the opinions to find out the info that a non-prospector like myself wouldn't have known. I really like him as a player and if I was a Cubs fan there's no doubt I would be putting together a player collection of him. I'm still waiting for the Cubs or another club to start playing him every day.

Members online